Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Herre is one of many reasons I love my pro-shop >

Herre is one of many reasons I love my pro-shop

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Herre is one of many reasons I love my pro-shop

Old 02-03-2009, 07:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Herre is one of many reasons I love my pro-shop

Sev years back some of you know I had become burned out regarding archery & bowhunting. In addition I was having some health issues AND separating from my son's mom. Rough time in my life.

Well I had so much stuff and was moving into a new smaller place that I took alot of my gear to my Pro shop and gave it (along witha few bows) to them- use it, give it to other customers, sell it & keep the money, trash it, whatever. I didn't care.

SO When I started shooting again in addition to having some $ on credit for the bows, Mike said "I still have a some of your...(poopie)..a couple fannypacks and hats...I put it in my garage...I'll bring it up".

Last night he gave me this

And it was full of ALL of this

I cannot begin to tell you all the stuff in here- As for camo thats a BRAND NEW NEVER WASHED NEVER WORE ASAT 3D suit that I got off of Russ (KANGA). Fortunately I've lost quite a bit of weight since then and it's way too big for me now (It's a 3x/4x). There is also a brand new never worn Advantage Timber goosedown vest from Cabelas (also too big, lol- guess I'll be posting some classified ads). Predator fanny pack, a fanny/backpack combo, a insulated handwarmer & hat from Cabelas......

And there is ALOT of old/archaic stuff there too (check out that GK pneumatic Stabilizer from the mid 90s!) The Scent Killer/Deer piss stuff will get thrown away of course. And hey check out the plainsman rest by our very own WWAG (Russ)- He was ahead of the curve there as Trophy Ridge has a pretty near exact same design these days- ever thought of a lawsuit Russ? [8D]

Tons of bow parts, screws, inserts, (think I have enough spare nocks & hats?) ,wrenches, rest parts, sight parts, loop rope, dacron serving, tools, releases, my fave ever Stabilizer (the sorbotek!), an unopened bag of full length feathers, blah blah blah... even a Birth Cert from my Pro 40 dual cam

Old 02-03-2009, 08:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Herre is one of many reasons I love my pro-shop

Mate.

It's like getting a late chrissy present

Looks like ya wont have too much more to collect to get back into tearing bows down again
Old 02-03-2009, 08:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

That's freakin awesome! Now you have a bunch of stuff to play with.

Course, if there is anything there that you don't want, you can always send it to me.
Old 02-03-2009, 08:40 AM
mez
Nontypical Buck

I couldn't help but notice that there was no Saunders Arrow Mate in your box? I remember when you were still into archery, you were the only one besides myself that used the stuff and plugged it in the fletching threads. Please tell me you aren't going to the dark side of the quick bond adhesives!!
Old 02-03-2009, 08:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Mez-unfortunately the above was only part of my archery stuff- I had a whole box full of my jigs, feathers vanes, glues, etc etc as well as a big box full of arrows- all gone- no idea whom I gave them to or where I lost it.

I also failed to mention that he alsogave me back my apple arrow saw and my old apple bow press (which unfortunately is useless on these modern bows).
Old 02-03-2009, 09:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

That's Great Jeff!!

Dan
Old 02-03-2009, 06:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well I can say without a doubt that my girlfriend is not nearly as enamored with the scent of "Fresh Earth" as I happen to be

Speaking of-

Those packs of Scent wafers from HS Scents? They still smell brand new and they are at least 5 years old and maybe 6. I've been using those Wafers (in the general sense) since I started bowhunting

Alot of the stuff I will be taking up to the shop- parts, releases, nocks, inserts, field points and whatnot. They can use that stuff (I must have 75-100 brand new nocks of all sorts in that bag alone).The clothing will go up for sale. But I'll def be keeping the hats/fanny/backpacks/handwarmer/calls, etc.
Old 02-04-2009, 03:41 AM
Boone & Crockett

Very nice. I love finding something that I forgot I had. Speaking of which, I think it is about time I cleaned out my "archery closet".

Old 02-04-2009, 09:19 PM
Typical Buck

If ya got a good release I could use a new one.
Old 02-05-2009, 08:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nothing like a good friend