ADMIRAL ON DECK! I can't help myself- I totally cave when it comes to recoil/vibe/noise free bows- it's a sickness! A SICKNESS I TELL YOU! http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y81/JeffBinny/DSC01440.jpg..." />

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

ATTENTION!

Old 01-31-2009, 06:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: ATTENTION!

I wish you could multiquote on this board[:@]

OCD- well sometimes a chrono will change my opinion of an otherwise magnificent bow just because I wasn't happy that it was a few FPS slower than I had expected.

Russ- sorry to hear about the back issues[:'(] I know so many people with problems (including myself) and it's scary. I wish you the best.

Coug- not a "spot" problem at all. They are different animals- the Elite is the smoother/better draw- at 62 pounds on my GT or at 72 I've shot on a Z28 a different GT500-doesn't matter-and it's obviously the demon on the chrono- and it drives tacks. amazed at the forgiveness.

The Admiral has that really annoying late peak and is a a wee bit torquey (I need to fiddle with the letoff), but it's also (at 10 pounds more draw weight with the same arrows as I shoot in the GT) worlds different in feel at the shot and noise. If the Admiral is a 10, the GT is a 7.5 or 8. I cannot comment on shootability yet for the Admiral. As for speed, I'd say they are close to the same speed with the same arrow.

The looks grew on me as far as the CP risers- the 2009s at least. At first I was pretty flabbergasted (being completely new and out of left field to me). I think the 2007/2008s are far more clunky and bulky looking- very unappealing to the eye-The 09s have more graceful lines and machining-especially the Captain.

Bottom line- I liked them both well enough to purchase, and like them for what they are- to me the GT-500 is just that- Shelby raw power. The Admiral is like a Lincoln- smooth and cushy (at the shot).

Now- if BT could get the Admiral to draw like the Revolution cams I think you'd have the perfect short Axle to Axle around hunting bow....

P.S. I shot the Diamond Iceman a bit last night too (similar riser as Admiral but with single cam)- Nicer draw than the Admiral, but not as nice at the shot or in the valley-louder, a bit more vibration (from the extra long string) and you could feel the slight imbalance of the single cam when it recoiled. I like the Marquis and Nitrous better.
Old 02-01-2009, 04:08 AM
N2D

Jeff that is one nice rig! I shot one a while back and fell in love with it. I shoot an 08 Ally right now with speed mods that I have gotten use to quite well. So when I shot the Admiral I thought the draw was very nice. So nice that I almost purchased one but the funds are just not there right now.

Ed
Old 02-01-2009, 08:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: walks with a gimp

Got one just like it Jeff. Mine is shooting 314 fps at 61/29/304 grains. I've had it since the 24th of October and shot both my bucks with it, they never heard the shot that killed them

Good luck
You are 1gr. under 5gpp. Warranty void[:-] J/K
Derek
Old 02-01-2009, 08:20 AM

ORIGINAL: drockw

ORIGINAL: walks with a gimp

Got one just like it Jeff. Mine is shooting 314 fps at 61/29/304 grains. I've had it since the 24th of October and shot both my bucks with it, they never heard the shot that killed them

Good luck
You are 1gr. under 5gpp. Warranty void[:-] J/K
Derek
I don't have a warranty on any of my bows as much as I goof around with them....
Old 02-01-2009, 08:50 AM

I'm not a fan of roller guards or even non-adjustable cable rods for that matter. I thought there was more fletch clearance on my Admiral than I needed, I don't shoot Blazers.. Also, my bow tuned "inside" so I milled .050" off my guard bracket to allow the cables to rest inward more, about 3/16" more. The point of impact moved to the right about 2 inches or more so I bumped the rest out and moved the sight in to bring it back to POI. Arrow pass is more centered now and I think the flight is better. See, I can't leave much alone....
Old 02-01-2009, 08:53 AM

Heere's the before pic..