Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 New strings on Allegiance.....just an FYI >

New strings on Allegiance.....just an FYI

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

New strings on Allegiance.....just an FYI

Old 02-02-2009, 07:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New strings on Allegiance.....just an FYI

Great post. I went through this a while back, and you really nailed a lot of the important steps. Well done.
Old 02-02-2009, 04:38 PM
N2D

This is great info! Just as rybo, I am going to print this out since I will be doing this soon also.

Ed
Old 02-03-2009, 05:54 PM
Spike

I wish that I'd seen this before I swapped out the strings and cables on my Gaurdian the other day! Ran into some timing problems so I'm now waiting on a scale to set up a draw board to start from scratch and I plan on using your blueprint directions above - Thanks a bunch!

I'm assuming that since the '07 Guardians don't have adjustable draw stops with O-rings and pegs, that once the cams roll over and the cables touch the draw stops on the moduals, that no further tweaking is required?

Thanks again for some easy to read, practical instructions!

Old 02-04-2009, 05:22 AM

Muzzy, very nformative, thanks. I don't have my bow handy, 2008 Allegiance. For some reason, I seem to think that my bow only has one draw stop, can this be right????

Thanks
Tony
Old 02-04-2009, 05:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

SouthernWyo: I'm assuming that since the '07 Guardians don't have adjustable draw stops with O-rings and pegs, that once the cams roll over and the cables touch the draw stops on the moduals, that no further tweaking is required?
You are correct, just make sure that when the cams roll over, they both hit the cables at the exact same time.

tman704: For some reason, I seem to think that my bow only has one draw stop, can this be right????
Yes, the 08 has one draw stop peg on the top cam. However the modules themselves have draw stops built in as well. What you should do is loosen it and move it out of the way to do the timing. Get both stops on the modules to touch the cables at the exact same time. As I said before, be very careful how draw the bow when doing this. It's really important to make sure all of the pressure is on the grip and not the riser. This is because you can rock the bow into the draw stops and give you a false reading.

Once you have the mod draw stops touching at the exact same time,move your draw stop peg on the top cam into position and tighten. It's much easier to have someone else do this while you draw the bow unless you have a draw board.