Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 **So, How's my form? UPDATED** PG 1 >

**So, How's my form? UPDATED** PG 1

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

**So, How's my form? UPDATED** PG 1

Old 01-25-2009, 08:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: So, How's my form?

ORIGINAL: englum_06

ORIGINAL: TFOX

[:@]

Dang TFOX, didn't mean to make ya mad, buddy- lol.

So I messed around with the "leaning" a bit, and you're right, I feel like I'm leaning forward alot- but I guess if that's how it's supposed to be then I'll keep doing it and make myself get used to it.
Didn't make me mad,just fighting this darn site while they work the bugs out.[&:]
Old 01-25-2009, 11:45 AM
Fork Horn

wow you are right FOX-- there isn't much scrawnier than that. Looks like my left leg at full draw HAHAHA
Old 01-25-2009, 12:34 PM

The only thing I want to point out, is if it seems I'm leaning back, I really don't think I am- I'm just scrawny, and so my shirt pulls back when I draw giving it the look that I'm leaning.
i know what you mean
Old 01-25-2009, 12:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

The fingers extended creates tension which is never a good thing.An open hand with tension creates more torque than a closed hand without tension.

The biggest issue I see is that there are a couple different grips in the pics.
You are very observant. I didn't catch this as I didn't look close enough. Very good young man. From what I can see his hand position (I hate the word grip) in pic #3 looks pretty good. I noticed the leaning too, and it doesn't appear to be draw length. As you said, just pushing the hips front, too much weight on the rear foot.

Frankly, his form isn't bad at all except for those couple things.
Old 01-26-2009, 08:41 PM
Typical Buck

[:@]

Dang TFOX, didn't mean to make ya mad, buddy- lol.

So I messed around with the "leaning" a bit, and you're right, I feel like I'm leaning forward alot- but I guess if that's how it's supposed to be then I'll keep doing it and make myself get used to it.
Didn't make me mad,just fighting this darn site while they work the bugs out.[&:]
Tell me about it. It's starting to get a little frustrating sometimes.
Old 01-28-2009, 08:10 PM
Typical Buck

Wow, everyone just give up on me?
Old 01-29-2009, 05:56 AM
Typical Buck

Nah... You want to get your upper body straight. It will feel like you're leaning forward at first, but you'll get used to it. You want your weight distributed evenly to both feet. Play with your stance, make it comfortable. I like my feet placed just slightly wider than my hips. Standing straight up may alter your anchor point slightly, you may need to fine tune your peep location once you get settled in your form.

If you can, go shoot at an indoor league someplace. Find the good shooters, and have them work with you. You're very close to nailing it down. Keep the tension out of the grip, don't lean back, and keep you back elbow up where it is, and things will fall in place.

And don't forget the follow thru, it's got just as much to do with form as anything. Squeeze the trigger, focus on the target, don't take your eyes off of it till the arrow hits, and let the bow do what it wants after the release. Don't lower that bow down till after you hear that arrow hit. And don't look for that arrow in flight!! Worst habit to get into!

Old 01-29-2009, 06:46 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Mikey S.

Nah... You want to get your upper body straight. It will feel like you're leaning forward at first, but you'll get used to it. You want your weight distributed evenly to both feet. Play with your stance, make it comfortable. I like my feet placed just slightly wider than my hips. Standing straight up may alter your anchor point slightly, you may need to fine tune your peep location once you get settled in your form.

If you can, go shoot at an indoor league someplace. Find the good shooters, and have them work with you. You're very close to nailing it down. Keep the tension out of the grip, don't lean back, and keep you back elbow up where it is, and things will fall in place.

And don't forget the follow thru, it's got just as much to do with form as anything. Squeeze the trigger, focus on the target, don't take your eyes off of it till the arrow hits, and let the bow do what it wants after the release. Don't lower that bow down till after you hear that arrow hit. And don't look for that arrow in flight!! Worst habit to get into!

Alright! Thanks alot man!
Old 02-04-2009, 06:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Not good , Your grip has been addressed above , you are leaning way back , and your release forearm is pointing toward the ground , it should be in line with your arrow shaft
Old 02-04-2009, 09:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ijimmy

Not good , Your grip has been addressed above , you are leaning way back , and your release forearm is pointing toward the ground , it should be in line with your arrow shaft
Actually looking at the "wife-beater" shirt pic, he doesn't look like he's leaning back to me at all. Leaning WAY back is a bit of an exaggeration. Overall it looks like pretty good form, but what's most important really is where does the arrow go!!!!! TFox for example has a bit of a form flaw with his grip, but he's a pretty accomplished archer by mosts measurements. I don't think you have to have PERFECT form to be a good archer. You may need decent form, but perfect form isn't a requirement. Overall, it looked pretty good, as I stated before.

And both you "scrawny" guys need to eat more!!!!

Quick Reply: **So, How's my form? UPDATED** PG 1

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.