Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 **So, How's my form? UPDATED** PG 1 >

**So, How's my form? UPDATED** PG 1

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

**So, How's my form? UPDATED** PG 1

Old 01-23-2009, 11:29 PM
Typical Buck

Default **So, How's my form? UPDATED** PG 1

Haven't posted one of these for a long time! With my new bow, I feel a heck of alot more comfortable shooting it.

How does it look?

The only thing I want to point out, is if it seems I'm leaning back, I really don't think I am- I'm just scrawny, and so my shirt pulls back when I draw giving it the look that I'm leaning.

Didn't really change anything, just took another picture wearing a beater instead of a sweatshirt. I figured it would help clear up the lean/shirt issue.

What do you think?

Old 01-24-2009, 10:02 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: So, How's my form?

I think there's too much tension on the tubing of your peepsight, it looks like it's pulling on the string. And you need to change your handposition on the bow, no fingers sticking out. Try to rotate your hand with your elbow sticking out horizontally, in this little youtube movie, you'll have to watch untill 2.54min, the chubby guy has a perfect grip in my opinon.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIXZi2JXEW8

hope this helps,

Frank
Belgium
Old 01-24-2009, 11:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

You are leaning,or you have your hips pushed forward,(the 2nd pic clearly shows it)it is not just your shirt.They don't come any scrawnier than me and I don't look like that.

Work on it in front of a mirror,it will feel like you are leaning forward at first but you will get used to it in short order.

Old 01-24-2009, 08:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I ain't no pro by any means, but I think it looks pretty decent. I don't see anything wrong with keeping the fingers extended like that if it reminds you not to "grip" the bow but rather let it rest in your hand.
Old 01-24-2009, 08:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

The fingers extended creates tension which is never a good thing.An open hand with tension creates more torque than a closed hand without tension.

The biggest issue I see is that there are a couple different grips in the pics.
Old 01-24-2009, 08:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

[:@]
Old 01-24-2009, 10:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: TFOX

You are leaning,or you have your hips pushed forward,(the 2nd pic clearly shows it)it is not just your shirt.They don't come any scrawnier than me and I don't look like that.

Work on it in front of a mirror,it will feel like you are leaning forward at first but you will get used to it in short order.

Lol!!! You aint lyin[:-]
Old 01-24-2009, 11:00 PM
Typical Buck

[:@]

Dang TFOX, didn't mean to make ya mad, buddy- lol.

So I messed around with the "leaning" a bit, and you're right, I feel like I'm leaning forward alot- but I guess if that's how it's supposed to be then I'll keep doing it and make myself get used to it.
Old 01-25-2009, 07:37 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: drockw

Lol!!! You aint lyin[:-]
I wouldn't be using that pic for an example; He's got a death drip on the bow .
Old 01-25-2009, 08:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

My grip is a closed but relaxed grip.I can't use the prefered grip by many because it causes pain in my hand if I do.So I have found a happy medium that doesn't cause any torque.

Quick Reply: **So, How's my form? UPDATED** PG 1

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.