Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 BOOSTING SPEED of a already Blazing fast bow! >

BOOSTING SPEED of a already Blazing fast bow!

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

BOOSTING SPEED of a already Blazing fast bow!

Old 04-08-2003, 08:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: BOOSTING SPEED of a already Blazing fast bow!

On the string/cable makeup issue, there was a post months ago about a guy from canada that makes aftermarket strings/cables from 8125, supposedly using a proprietary tecnique that made his combos up to 14 fps faster than most stock and 9 fps faster than winner' s choice. I think his name was Bowman or something. Don' t know if the claims are true, but I do remember emailing him, and he said his strings are full strand count, so as not to void any warranties. May be worth looking into, I don' t know.

I figured the next time I need new a string/cable, I' d give ' em a shot to see what was what, but that won' t be until the earliest next year.
Old 04-08-2003, 11:34 AM
Boone & Crockett

Don' t hate the player......hate the game.
Oh, you and your silly sports witicisms.... You just wait buddy...Jeff talked me into this fancy loop setup on my bowstring. Now all I have to do is dump the peep and get me one of those BK2s...

Jason,

I cannot help you with the No-Peep. Maybe Matt or one of the others can. I have yet to head down that road...though I do remember something about getting factory " blemished" models off of their website for a significant discount...
Old 04-08-2003, 12:13 PM

Thanks for the tips Frank. I am gonna check it out. I might just buy one and see if I like it, if I don' t, O well........

Note To Self - Stop this impulse buying before you go into debt.
Old 04-08-2003, 12:13 PM

The no-peep is really nothing like a peep sight. It is an alluminum tube that has a black dot right on the end near you, and when at full draw, there is a little circle in a green area in there, that you put the dot in the middle of. Put the dot in the ring. It mounts under or over your sight, so it does not interfere with your pins. You draw, take a quick peek to make sure it' s consistent, then lock on with your sights and shoot!It will certainly magnify your torque problems, and other bad habits. I don' t use one now, but have, and if I would have taken the time to get used to it, I could have used it. I just shoot a regular peep now though.
Old 04-08-2003, 12:22 PM
Typical Buck

You do not center your pins in the No Peep. It works as an auxilary sighting device.
In essence you set it up just above or below your pins so that in your sight picture, you can see your target, pins and the NoPeep. You like up the rings that you see through the sight to make a bullseye (concentric rings). As long as the rings remain concentric, you are good to shoot. If your anchor point is not correct or you torque the bow, your line of sight through the NoPeep will be off and the rings will no longer line up. Below are some pics I snapped of my NoPeep. Also I am a Lefty so for all of you rightys out there the NoPeep would be flipped over with the round part on top and the flat on the bottom.

My camera seemed to want to focus on the front edge of the NoPeep causing the black ring to look fuzzy in the images. I assure you, it is bright and very clear when you are sighting with it.

This image shows what the rings look like when at the correct anchor point.

You can see, although dim because of the flash, the misalignment of the rings/dot. This is what you see when you torque the bow or botch your anchor point.
Old 04-08-2003, 12:26 PM
Typical Buck

As a follow up. The claims about low light are correct. I can align my NoPeep long after my sight pins are too dim to see. The same was not true for my peep sight.

I would say it is the single best thing I have done to help my consistency since I have started shooting a bow.

The extra 5-7 fps over a conventional peep is just gravy.

Old 04-08-2003, 12:57 PM

Thanks a TON 98...

Another question..... How do you go about sighting in with a No Peep? This is one thing that I would think would be more difficult. Also, how long does it take to get accostumed to when switching from a regular peep sight? Also, do you think that it is requires more concentration when shooting than a regular peep?

Thanks again for the pics and the help.

P.S. What kind of bow is that? It looks like the PSE brush camo, and the PSE sight seems to make believe that you may have a PSE
Old 04-08-2003, 01:11 PM

Great pics, 98!!!

Buck, the No-peep doesn' t require " sighting in" per say, but more in the way of aligning with your own anchor point. Prior to installing the No-peep, be sure that you have a comfortable and relatively consistent anchor point. Then when the No-peep is installed on your bow, have someone else adjust it to be properly aligned to your eye when your at your anchor. This is probably the biggest and most crucial step when putting one on a bow.

I' ve got mine set up so that my eye is just to the left (right handed shooter) of my string when at anchor. This allows me to use my Trophy Ridge vertical pins, and not have to adjust side to side for further distances.

Good luck,

Jim.
Old 04-08-2003, 01:21 PM
Typical Buck

Your last question first.

The bow is a 98 Hoyt Striker Redline...hence the name.

As far as sighting in goes, it does take a bit more time, but if you go about it in steps then it is really not that bad.
The directions tell you to pull to anchor a bunch of times with your eyes closed. After each anchor, adjust the NoPeep a little more until you have it aligned.
You may want to put the bow down for awhile and allow your arms to rest. Pick it up again and draw to anchor with your eyes closed. Open them and the NoPeep should be aligned. Keep at this process up until you can consistently draw to anchor, open your eyes and have the NoPeep aligned.

Once you are there, you just go about setting your pins the way you would with a peep.

The getting used to it for me was very easy. I have heard of some taking longer than others to get accustomed to it, but that varies from individual to individual. Right after I installed the NoPeep, I left my regular peep in place and used the pair in combination. After awhile I realized I was no longer relying on the peep sight and was always aligning on the NoPeep. After that the peep came off.

I think that initially it will require more concentration as you adjust to the change in sighting systems, but in a short time you will find that you are able to just briefly check the NoPeep before the shot without any real penalty for concentration or time. Very similarly to action pistol shooting. You spend a great deal of time in the beginning acquiring and aligning your sight picture. After awhile it just comes naturally and you don' t have to think about it.
Old 04-08-2003, 01:28 PM
Typical Buck

Buckmagnet, I have a no peep that I bought brand new last year and used for the one season. I took it off a few weeks ago and went back to a peep. It is in perfect shape. I am gonna sell it. If you are interested just send me a personal message . I will sell it for $20.00 plus the actual shipping price. Let me know if you are interested.

Quick Reply: BOOSTING SPEED of a already Blazing fast bow!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.