Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 whisker biscuit vs. fall away? >

whisker biscuit vs. fall away?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

whisker biscuit vs. fall away?

Old 11-18-2008, 12:46 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: whisker biscuit vs. fall away?

Mossberg: For that kid who was shooting the browning bow in your video --- PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make sure you shoot with him every day this summer......wow....just wow -- at a loss for words
Old 11-18-2008, 12:56 PM

That's funny. I was wondering if he was the trespasser on the four wheeler.
Old 11-18-2008, 06:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: FSUBIGMAC

Mossberg: For that kid who was shooting the browning bow in your video --- PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make sure you shoot with him every day this summer......wow....just wow -- at a loss for words
haha that is mossberghunter93 he has a youtube account and actually got a weird looking 9 point with his bow.
black stick idk who that trespasser waas
Old 11-18-2008, 08:27 PM

I thought you staged that because it was timed so well.
Old 11-18-2008, 08:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

well..ill say one thing.

i bought my bow used(03' or 04' Martin Prowler se)three years ago with the Whisker buiscuit on it...and i havent had to touch/tinker withthe thing one time....i check and make sure everything is tight from time to time and thats it....slap her on the bow and forget about it....They are perfectly accurate for hunting ranges,(on my good days i can shoot 3 arrows at 30 yards and all the shafts will be touching or very close to touching eachother fairly regularly)dont let anyone feed you any b.s about them not being accurate....

they are bullet proof...and bullet proof is exactly whats neededin a huntingsetup.

also i use feathers for fletching.... wisker Buiscuits love feather fletching
(it will tatter the edge of the feather a bit but it doesnt hurt anything....i put my own arrows together to save cost- i shoot aluminums still)...
wisker buiscuitstend to wrinkle plastic vanes....
as long as Feathers are available ill never shoot plastic the rest of my life.

if you want to switch to a Drop away thats cool.... do your thing....but i wouldnt necesarrily call it an upgrade like some have said.
Old 11-18-2008, 09:04 PM

I agree that they are accurate if you are a statue, but most of us are not. A machine can shoot a perfect 30x on Vegas targets with a Black Mamba X1 just as easily as with a black ice. It doesn't matter if you put a drop away or WB on that thing will shoot it the same every time. It's more about form. Drop aways just make it easier for the average shooter that moves a little bit where as the WB will show every bit of it.

I am absolutely shocked that you are shooting feathers through a WB. I tried it for the heck of it because someone told me that the WB would rip them right off. Ten shots later, that arrow had nothing left but glue. I shoot feather because they are lighter than vanes, but would never seriously put them though a WB.

IMO, a drop away is an upgrade because I shoot better scores with it than with a WB.
Old 11-18-2008, 09:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

tried it for the heck of it because someone told me that the WB would rip them right off. Ten shots later, that arrow had nothing left but glue. I shoot feather because they are lighter than vanes, but would never seriously put them though a WB.
False...that they dont work

i get hundred(s) of shots out of my fletches....i use double sided tape and glue the ends....they work fine...and iuse a pretty good offset with a helical.if i dont take my time while fletching i tend not to do so good of a job and will get an end or two on the feathers that pull up...when i do a good job they last all year.

my guess is something went wrong in the way you fletched.
Old 11-18-2008, 09:14 PM

A helical too. Wow, you are just pushing the limit.
Old 11-18-2008, 09:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Black Stick

A helical too. Wow, you are just pushing the limit.
[8D] it takes practice and patience to be good at fletching feathers....seriously.

ive learned a few tricks on my own...and can say that i do a pretty good job with it.... when i started i wasnt that good at it....and can understand why you might get a feather too peel up premature.
Old 11-18-2008, 09:25 PM

You must if they last in a WB. I'm impressed.

Quick Reply: whisker biscuit vs. fall away?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.