Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Rage Blade replacement >

Rage Blade replacement

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Rage Blade replacement

Old 11-10-2008, 08:55 AM
Fork Horn

Default Rage Blade replacement

I need to replace or sharpen blades on two of my rage 3 blade broadheads after Friday.Does anyone know what size allen that pin is to remove it. It is smaller than anything that I have. Do I even need to bother, or do replacement blades come with the appropriate sized allen wrenches?
Old 11-10-2008, 09:47 AM
Spike

Default RE: Rage Blade replacement

I just got a pack of replacemtnt blades for the 3 blade and they do come with that tiny allen wrench. Be careful, though, that you don't back it all of the way out because if it falls out it can be a b*tch to find on the floor (trust me).
Old 11-12-2008, 10:09 PM
Fork Horn

It happens to be a funny thing that you mention this.
I just shot a 2 blade into the ground from my treestand.
Armed with replacement blades, I had planned on repairing the heads bent blades.
I tried unscrewing the allen bolt on this head and it snapped in two.
The broken side of the bolt was in the ferrule (or head) with no way to remove it.
Before I got crafty, I called Rage.
To my surprise the rep. told me that the ferrule was bent and not all blades are meant to be replaced. In addition to this there was no resolve or customer satisfaction efforts by this rep..
After this waste of time speaking with Rage, I had my own fix in mind.
I got my cordless drill, 5/32 and 7/32 drills, a bench grinder, a hand grinder, 10D Galv. trim nail and the replacement blades. Shortly after, I had drilled out the broken allen bolt, grinded the nail to fit the larger hole,fit the blades, placed the nail in the hole, and ground nail flush with ferrule (or head.)
There is one fully functional Rage now, no thanks to RAGE themselves!
Sorry to be lengthy, but this was my fix.
Your fix could be the trash can.
Old 11-13-2008, 11:38 AM
Fork Horn

Got my replacement blades. They come with the smaller allen for the blade pins, but not for the tip blade. I have one to fit that one though. I don't understand why they don't provide both if they are going to provide any at all. No big deal, but still. I think I'm just going to quick fix and replace the blades for now and then work on trying to sharpen/repair the ones that have battle scars.