Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 String Tamer Help! >

String Tamer Help!

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

String Tamer Help!

Old 10-05-2008, 10:13 AM

Default String Tamer Help!

I purchased a String Tamer and installed it on my Buckskin. It is the front mount tamer. I have two question for anyone who can help.

First, once installed on my bow, the rod sticks out of the mounting bracket so far it is resting against my stabilizer. I have it mounted as far forward as possible and my bow string is constant contact with the tamer. Can the tamer rod be trimmed to shorten it up so that I can slide it farther forward and if so, whats the best way (tool?)to trim the rod? I've thought of using a hacksaw or my dremel but I fear it may cause the rod to splinter. Any advise?

Next question......just how much of a gap should be between the bow string and tamer? Should they touch or should a small gap be left between the two?
Old 10-06-2008, 09:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: String Tamer Help!

#1 I would go with the hack saw. it might not be pretty but it should be fine. a dye grinder would probably work fine too.

#2 they recommend them to be not touching, but still close. try different ways nad see what works best. mine is pretty much touching but its not resting on it. its good to ppaper tune while you are doing this too to get the best performance. some people say that if you are too close it will mess the tuning up, but to each bow its own. my general shoots bullet holes and walks back great. i love mine, and it tunesmuch better than my factory stopper(its easier toadjust) just try it different ways, and try to get the best results you can.
good luck
Derek