Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 QAD Ultra HD Problem >

QAD Ultra HD Problem

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

QAD Ultra HD Problem

Old 09-30-2008, 09:11 PM

Default QAD Ultra HD Problem

Hello all. I'm a sorta-newbie to bows...I had a Pearson Spoiler 15 years ago, and just recently renewed my love of archery and bowhunting by purchasing a pair of bows; a Parker Wildfire XP and a PSE XForce TS. Both had QAD fall away rests (the Wildfire had the Hunter model, and I had the PSE fitted with the QAD Ultra HD...it came with the Whisker Biscuit). The problem is, I'm still getting a lot of fletch contact with the rests, even though the bows are 'tuned', and when at full draw, the lines match up on the rest (indicating proper pull length) I'm using Carbon Force Radial X Weave arrows (300 series), Blazer vanes (occasionally feathers) fletched in an Arizona EZ Fletch 6 degree right helical. I've tried turning the arrows and nocks every which way, but I'm still getting fletch contact, as witnessed by the marks on the rest, as well as the torn up camo moleskin on the rest. I'm getting great arrow flight, and the PSE, especially, will really stack 'em in the ten ring, but the fletching contact is worrisome...any ideas on how to fix it? Is there a "best" fall away rest? Also, is there a best sight that works for hunting and target shooting...even when I'm not hunting, I enjoy the hell out of just shooting my bows.
Old 09-30-2008, 10:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: QAD Ultra HD Problem

I have this rest and had similar problems. Slide the cord farther down the cable just a bit at a time, spray foot powder on your fletching to check for contact. This rest needs to come to the full upright position within the last inch or two of draw. I also shoot this rest cock feather up. Best of luck bud. This helped me but my nock point and rest postion were perfect, my timing cord was the issue. make sure the other areas are correct as well, I do believe it is just a timing issue though..

Shane
Old 10-01-2008, 03:00 PM
Fork Horn

I had contact issues and mine were from the nock point being to high actaully. I raised the rest a click and no more issues. Mine 1/8th inch above square. Also, i had issues dropping my arm on the shot which created some contact also.

do a search and you will find a few posts in here with my issues. Even a picture of the contact I had. Its a great rest, just hot or miss on some bows. I had a heck of a time getting mine perfect. I still think its the best drop away, but it just takes time to get perfect, espically withblazers
Old 10-01-2008, 03:16 PM

Thanks for the replies. Looks like turning the nocks just a bit seems to have helped. My cock vane isn't straight out any more...it's angled just a bit down. So far, no problems.
Old 10-01-2008, 05:46 PM
Fork Horn

I had also seen in another post an individual removed the end cap on the rest to give you access to the spring. You could then adjust the spring for more or less tension. I do not know for sure what model of the QAD it was but I do know it was the same kind of problem. Hope this helps or is at least worth checking out.
Old 10-02-2008, 07:02 AM
Fork Horn

i think that was on the lower models.. on the HD I dont think you can do that. I might be wrong though.

If yu have time, just try drawing your bow back and watch the rest. I have mine popping up about 1inch before full draw. It also starts to fall about .5inchs off of full draw. Just check that to see if its starting to drop quick. If its not dropping untill 3inches after you let the string down slowly, then the cable clamp or string needs to be adjusted

also, try emaling QAD tech.. they have really good service and quick replies via email!
Old 10-02-2008, 05:36 PM

Thanks again. I wound up taking it to a bow shop, and it was pretty badly out of tune. We got it fixed though. It was a brand new bow, and I installed the rest. We paper tuned it today, so I was finally able to get my pins set (25,35,45 yards) with my broadheads and I can go hunting in the morning. That thing'll fling 'em as good at 45 as it does at 25. With a practice broadhead, it shot a Trophy Ridge Blast 400 (8gpi) wearing a Muzzy 100 grain completely through my Block target, and the 1x6 fence behind it. On the chronograph, with the hunting setup I'm using, it's shooting dead on 300 fps. And now that I got the rest tuned, it's shooting 300 fps in a straight line.