Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Hindsight + Peep >

Hindsight + Peep

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Hindsight + Peep

Old 09-30-2008, 12:59 PM

Default Hindsight + Peep

Hi everyone.

THEORYCRAFT NEEDED!
Does it make sense to instal a peep sight and hindsight's products all togehter on a bow?
I used a BT General with HS GhostRider and a 1.5mm metal peep sight.

Basics:
The hindsight may eliminate most of the torque whitch takes the bow just in the position it has been ment to be shot. Another thing which could be considered a "help" is the distance between the eye and the actual 2-point aim and yea, you don't have to put the hindsight straight in line with the string.
The peep sight creates an aim distance close to the arrow lenght which is a realy "big" deal for accuracy. You still get a 2-point aim option with any sight on the market. String and the sight MUST be in line with the arrow for best results.

Now lets add all the stuff in-a-row. You get a 3-point aim... All things have been set to a liine with the string and arrow, adjusted by laser. Now you have the 3 realy wicked problems which, when solved, may improve your shooting precision by 2-5% (tested on my own). I get to the problems right away now.

Problem #1: This is insanely hard to tune... It took me more then 2 days to get the idea and another day to set it right. (solved)
Problem #2: Eye fatigue... After 40-50 shots my eye couldn't take it. Took a while to get used to it. (solved)
Problem #3: The basic idea of hindsight... You will be able to use only one pin. I personaly failed to set any others. (in progress)

So... I may say I improved by a little. If it's woth I can't realy agree with as on the short distances both single options behave similiar.
What realy gets my atention here were the long distances (75 meters - yea, I'm from Europe). It became easier to tighten the groups but the price... Lets see how my eyes react after some weeks Torque problems? Forget it

Now the actual question. Would someone please try something like this and post any results? Or at least someone make some usefull theory to get rid of the problem #3
Old 09-30-2008, 08:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Hindsight + Peep

im failing to see the need for the hindsight and a peep....

i kinda understand 3 points are better than 2......BUT if your peep and sight alignment is always the same...and your anchors are consistant, you cant get better than that?

torque? thats why they put levels on sights....?

same goes with a kisser and peep sight....no need for both...if you look through the peep the same way, and anchor the same way, and aligns your sight housing in the peep the same way every time, theres nothing more that can be done.....

just the way i see it.....

good luck...maybe your on to something....never know....cant move forward without someone trying new things....but ive seen the guys with peeps and kissers only improve because they had NO anchor points and didnt align the peep the same way every time...

string to my nose, anchor, look through the peep, center the sight housing in the peep, check the level, float the pin, release......but im no pro....
Old 10-01-2008, 05:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

alothough i dont have a hind sight i do use a similar type rifle bow sight called the eradicater. if you can get use to using a peep in addition to your hind sight i would go with it.that would give you a 3 point system. you gotta remember the site is fixed to the body of the bow. both the sight and bow are non flexing solid parts. the string can be torqued up down left and right especially in a tree stand while adjusting to angles. in other words you look down through your sight and that is a constant but if your arm is pulling on the string it may send the arrow a little off. if youve ever cocked a cross bow back into a locked position that wasnt even on the rail your bolt will hit off target. i know in a perfect world if you have great form it doesnt matter but with the heart pumping in the stand it just allows me to to know im off and need to correct.
Old 10-02-2008, 01:43 AM

Thanks for the replies so far guys, I owe you one.

Got some news and not bad ones. Yesterday I put the same system on some Poe Lang (scary name) Chaser bow. I gave it to our newbie archers to try and WoW they got better inside 20 mnutes. I can't realy say why as for me it's still the same on 20-30 meters range but one of the starters told me, the system forces him to hold the bow right... I just hope, that I didn't find a cheap solution for cheap bows[:@].

Well, thats it...