Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

No Peep vs Hindsight ?

Old 02-08-2009, 11:55 AM
Spike

Default No Peep vs Hindsight ?

I am thinking of getting one of these and get rid of peep sights for good. Does anyone have experience with both of these to compare, or any thoughts of one or the other? I was leaning twards the Timberline no peep cause it seems smaller, but I'm curious to here what you guys/gals think?
Old 02-09-2009, 01:16 PM

Default RE: No Peep vs Hindsight ?

A while ago I was asking about sliding sight extensions. It was said to me that if point A is you peep and point B is your sight pin, the greater distance between the two will produce a more accurate shot. With the no peep systems that distance is reduced to 1 ft or so instead of 3ft. I would like to hear someone’s opinion on them as well.
Old 02-09-2009, 04:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Tried both of them and the No Peep wins hands down.

With the hind sight you had to center the 20 yd pin between the cross hairs but then raise the 30 pin etc on to target. It was good at 20 yds but got confusing after that and I would not trust it in the heat of the moment.

The No Peep is a anchor point training tool, when you first install it you will be looking from the no peep to the pins but once the anchor points become second nature you will stop looking at the no peep.
Old 02-09-2009, 05:36 PM
Spike

Thanks I was leaning twards the no peep, but hindsight intreaged me to how it worked. Thanks for the info.
Old 02-09-2009, 05:53 PM
Fork Horn

I am a no Peep fan myself. I own two, one for each bow and looking to buy another for my fathers bow. You can really tell when you are torquing the bow and or, have the improper anchor point.

Good luck
Old 02-09-2009, 06:11 PM
Spike

Where's Christine on this one. I know she uses the Hindsight. Ever try the no peep?
Old 02-10-2009, 02:46 PM

sorry ignorant here ! whats the no peep ? do you eventually take it off and use strictly anchor point?
Old 02-10-2009, 03:44 PM
Super Moderator

I use the hindsight and really like it. It shows hand torque and trains you to anchor consistently. I don't find it confusing in the least bit.

I played very briefly with the no peep but thought it was easier to line up the hind sightfaster and somewhat more accurately.

I think with either, it's just a matter of getting used to it.
Old 02-10-2009, 05:14 PM
Spike

I was wondering if you had ever tried the no peep Christine. I think I'll have to look closer at both of them before I pick one. I wish I had a pro shop that carried them around here so I could actually try them before deciding on which to get. But I'll just have to go off of other peoples experiences and go with the one that I think will work best for me.

Dave37: do a search on timberline no peep and you'll see what it is. With both Hindsight and timberline no peep you take the peep off. I'm guessing right away. No more haveing to wory about torque or no being able to see through your peep when it is starting to get dark. Seems like the way to go to me.
Old 02-10-2009, 05:33 PM
Spike

I wonder if there is any negatives about either of these. They both seem like there the way to go over a peep.