Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 " left again" mystery?? >

" left again" mystery??

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

" left again" mystery??

Old 09-20-2008, 05:57 AM

Default " left again" mystery??

I shoot a Hoyt/Ultramag bowand after about 100 shots, the next time I picked up the bow it was hitting to the left about 8". I rechecked all the allen screws for tightness, and made a few turns on both limbs and started over in resghting the bow. I am now completely happy, for about 200 shots; I recently took it out of the bow case, after sitting for about four days and it is shooting to the left 8" again. I use blue loctite on my Trophy Ridge/3 pin........I am without knowledge!! I am a novice to compound bows, but not hunting.......thanks for any input!!
Old 09-20-2008, 08:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: " left again" mystery??

It is possible the big nut holding the bow

I dare say being a novice it is more than likely the way you are gripping the bow and putting side torque on it.

Try this grip.

Old 09-20-2008, 09:35 AM
Boone & Crockett

What a cheap watch, and shave those arms looks Sasquatch.
Old 09-20-2008, 03:51 PM

I will try the grip........I know there is alot of mechanics involved, along with a mental approach. Thanks for the fast reply!!
Old 09-20-2008, 05:09 PM

this evening I rechecked my bow and found that the limbs have moved around the limb bolt head. I could tell from an area that I touched up with camo spray paint, and you can see that it has moved about an 1/8". I have tightened that allenhead limb bolt very little, and then shot the bow and cut the distance to 4" left of center, but am I supposed to tighten these bolts or better yet when should they be tightened and why are they moving??
Old 09-20-2008, 07:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Which bolts are you talking about?

The one on top of the limb or the little ones at the side of the limb pocket?

If it's the little ones they should be tight to stop the limb pocket from moving, you only loosen them when you add or subtract poundage with the large bolt on top of the limb, then re-tighten them.

If they keep coming loose then put a dab of blue loctite on them which will stop them from backing out, but is easy enough to undo when you to adjust the poundage.