Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

stabilizers

Old 09-18-2008, 04:43 PM
Spike

Default stabilizers

are the worth the money? and do different brands perform different
Old 09-18-2008, 07:25 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: stabilizers

if you get the ones to absord shock then yes.... I get the ligtest ones I can find. Right now im using a Carbon Impact Quad which is light but absorbs vibration. Limbsavers makes quite a few

If you go to a shop, test them out by dropping them on there head on the counter. If they bounce they are no good. If they dont bounce then you know its absorbs shock

I dont shoot any better with or without one though if that helps answer you question
Old 09-18-2008, 07:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes and yes. Hunting or target? Look at these: www.deadcenterarchery.com
Old 09-19-2008, 09:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yes, and it depends on what type of bow you have what may be best. If you have a parallel limb bow, more or less all you'll be doing is absorbing a little shock, not really much stabilization needed or gained on a parallel limb bow, but if you have flexed limbs, then a longer stab with a little weight on the tip makes ALL the difference in the world. I use cheaper stabs and they feel as good and seem to do as good a job as the more expensive ones I've tried out. Eastman Carbon Rod Stabilizers are on all 3 of my shooter bows. One of which has a Sims S-coil on the fore end for a little extra weight, and shock absorbtion. Shoot a bow with one and without one, and you'll likely notice a BIG difference.
Old 09-19-2008, 10:08 AM
Typical Buck

they do work, and they are worth it. I use the Limbsavers S-Coil too. I shoot a bow with little vibration though. It depends on your bow which one you should shoot. If you shoot a bow with alot of vibration you might need a more advanced stabilizer. But either way i would get one.