Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

sighting in

Old 09-02-2008, 05:08 PM

Default sighting in

Hey can someone run through the process of sighting in new sites. I just put a new G5 sight on my Black Ice and I'm having a little trouble sighting in..
I installed the sight and shot from ten yrds right where the sights 'happened' to be, and I was shooting a little high, so I raised the individual pin for my ten yrds. (haven't touched the gang setting yet). So now my top pin in set good for ten yards! Moved back to 20 yds and am shooting way high with the second pin. So, I moved IT up to the top of it's adjustment and I'm still shooting high! So, now do I have to go back to square one and move my gang adjustment up? or down? and start all over??? These gang adjustments are new to me, I'm king of old school, been using the same old sites with individual pin adj.
Thanks for any help you can give me.
Old 09-02-2008, 07:54 PM
Spike

Default RE: sighting in

You need to move the gang adjustment up so it raises the entire sight. That will let you move the pins down if you are shooting low because of the gang movement. Sighting in a new sight is tough but once you get one pin on everything usually falls into place. If your single pin adjustment is all the way up and you still need to move the sight up then move the gang adjustment up and move your single pin adjustments down (if need be).