Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Bowstring unthreading and peepsight issue >

Bowstring unthreading and peepsight issue

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bowstring unthreading and peepsight issue

Old 08-24-2008, 07:17 PM

Default Bowstring unthreading and peepsight issue

My Bear Lights Out bows string seem to have some very small threads coming out of the string. What is this and is it bad?

Also: My peep sight is one like this and when I have my bow at full draw the string from one of the three strings is going right down my line of vision at full draw. Any help?

Thanks

This is my sight
Old 08-24-2008, 07:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bowstring unthreading and peepsight issue

String stretch. Most guys I know don't like a peep of that style for exactly the reason your are not liking your's right now. As far as the "small threads" coming out ofthe string, it may just need wax, are they small fibers or is your SERVING coming loose. I know some Bear bows have had serving issues but there a difference between some of the fibers being brushed and serving coming undone. I personally prefer a tubed peep because then I ALWAYS know that my peep will be WHERE it's supposed to be when I draw the bow.

Hope some of this helps and makes sense.
Old 08-24-2008, 07:44 PM

ORIGINAL: OHbowhntr

String stretch. Most guys I know don't like a peep of that style for exactly the reason your are not liking your's right now. As far as the "small threads" coming out ofthe string, it may just need wax, are they small fibers or is your SERVING coming loose. I know some Bear bows have had serving issues but there a difference between some of the fibers being brushed and serving coming undone. I personally prefer a tubed peep because then I ALWAYS know that my peep will be WHERE it's supposed to be when I draw the bow.

Would you reccomend me just getting a new peep sight? What should I do about the string though?, I couldnt really understand what you said before.

Old 08-24-2008, 07:52 PM
Fork Horn

get a g5 meta peep
Old 08-24-2008, 08:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: winchesterduckslayer

Would you reccomend me just getting a new peep sight? What should I do about the string though?, I couldnt really understand what you said before.
Yes, I'd recommend a new peep, and if you don't want to buy new string I'd probably go with a tubed peep personally because that factory string IS gonna stretch. If the string just looks FRAYED, then WAX it, if there's a specific full strand broken then it's more concerning. If you're not sure, take it to a pro shop and ask them.
Old 08-25-2008, 01:46 PM

ORIGINAL: winchesterduckslayer

Yes, I'd recommend a new peep, and if you don't want to buy new string I'd probably go with a tubed peep personally because that factory string IS gonna stretch. If the string just looks FRAYED, then WAX it, if there's a specific full strand broken then it's more concerning. If you're not sure, take it to a pro shop and ask them.
Yeah, I am going to bring mine to Bass Pro and have them look at it.
Thanks for the help.
Old 08-25-2008, 01:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

They would be the last people I would let look at it.

Best bet would be to take it to a REAL pro shop and let them look at it and do any work.
Old 08-25-2008, 01:56 PM

ORIGINAL: Kanga

They would be the last people I would let look at it.

Best bet would be to take it to a REAL pro shop and let them look at it and do any work.
There are no pro shops around here and Bass Pro was great with me when I purchased my bow. I think I get a discount too if I bring it to them.
Old 08-26-2008, 06:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a bear lights out I bought thisspring and I had the EXACT same problem. It ended up being that I needed to twist the d loop because when I pulled back it was twisting . Hold the string straight and twist the D loop so that it may even be perpendicular to the string. this might fix it. If you dont use a d loop I dont know what to tell u.....