Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Odd noc question >

Odd noc question

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Odd noc question

Old 08-17-2008, 08:23 PM

Default Odd noc question

So maybe you all can shed some light on what I've been scratching my head at for the past few days. Just upgraded my set up to an Elite GT 65lb 28dl. Shooting Beman arrows with field points and occasionally some hellrazors. Im sighted in pretty dead red and im feeling confident in my shots. I happened to glance at my nocs and it looks like one side of the noc has been pushed in slightly on all of my practice arrows. Imagine looking ata normal noc and then one of the sides leaning in slightly. What could cause this?
It doesnt seem to be affecting the flight of my arrows, but I wanna make sure Im not doing something wrong. Any help would be great. Thanks
Old 08-17-2008, 09:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Odd noc question

Might help to have a close-up picture of the nock. I have some Beeman S nocks and they don't have any indentation.
Old 08-18-2008, 12:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Odd noc question

Are you shooting off the string by chance??? I know my nocks develop a little flat spot on the bottom side of the tip nearest me when I nock an arrow. Certainly has never seem to affect my arrow flight in any negative manner that I've noticed.