Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Smaller Arrows, what WB? >

Smaller Arrows, what WB?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Smaller Arrows, what WB?

Old 08-17-2008, 09:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Smaller Arrows, what WB?

I am currently shooting a medium aluminum arrow and have some smaller diameter carbons as well, Right now I have my prong rest on for the carbons as they will more than likely be the ones in hunting with this season. I have a WB but its for medium arrows, such as my 2314s, should I use a smaller WB or stick with the medium, my pro shop said the medium will work just fine but I am having second thoughts, Im afraid to shoot through the medium incaseI end up really screwing up. Hopefully some of you vetran carbon shooters can shed some light on this and help me out. this is the first year ill be using carbons. Im shooting the Easton Excell ST 400's with 100 grain tip and bh.
Old 08-17-2008, 11:03 AM
Spike

Default RE: Smaller Arrows, what WB?

I did the same thing last year had the WB for aluminum arrows and shot gold tips. THere was a little play with the arrow and the rest, but it shot great no problems at all with practice points and broadheads.I shoot aluminum now so I used the same biscut.
Old 08-18-2008, 05:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Smaller Arrows, what WB?

I put my WB back on and I was very very impressed on how tight the groups are even with the medium sized wb. I think im going to stick with it. I took some photos and video of me shooting lastnight and will post after I edit the videos.
ORIGINAL: inthebox30lbs

I did the same thing last year had the WB for aluminum arrows and shot gold tips. THere was a little play with the arrow and the rest, but it shot great no problems at all with practice points and broadheads.I shoot aluminum now so I used the same biscut.