Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 peep sight won't stay lined up >

peep sight won't stay lined up

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

peep sight won't stay lined up

Old 08-12-2008, 10:18 PM
Spike

Default peep sight won't stay lined up

I'm having trouble when I draw back my bow. The peep sight doesn't open up all the way in order to see the sights. (It makes an oval instead of a circle.) I move my loop for a temporary fix, but it's annoying during practice. A hunting buddy said i needed some more twists in my string to fix the problem. Will this work? How many twists? I know very little about bows other than how to sight and slightly tune. Thanks for the imput.
Old 08-13-2008, 06:35 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: peep sight won't stay lined up

yea, often half a twist or so will cure the problem. sometimes you have to play with it a couple times to get it right. But good strings are usually needed for it to stay consistent for you. If your strings/cables stretch on you often, you're always gonna have peep issues...unless you go to a hose peep.

ORIGINAL: lawson0207

I'm having trouble when I draw back my bow. The peep sight doesn't open up all the way in order to see the sights. (It makes an oval instead of a circle.) I move my loop for a temporary fix, but it's annoying during practice. A hunting buddy said i needed some more twists in my string to fix the problem. Will this work? How many twists? I know very little about bows other than how to sight and slightly tune. Thanks for the imput.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

A hose peep? Yuck!!!!.

Do as suggested for now, but when you replace the strings get good ones. Not those things hanging in the shop (generic).
Old 08-13-2008, 09:28 AM
Spike

Or you could get a Anchor site. I switched last yer and will never go back to peep. And you pick up you lost 2 fps, when you loose the peep.
Old 08-13-2008, 10:15 AM
Typical Buck

that was my "desperate fix" solution....

good strings are priceless !

ORIGINAL: BGfisher

A hose peep? Yuck!!!!.

Do as suggested for now, but when you replace the strings get good ones. Not those things hanging in the shop (generic).
Old 08-13-2008, 11:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Tubed peep here!!!! I shoot a LOT, and be it a set of VT's, or WC strings, after a few thousand shots, I think they all stretch just a little, and if that peep rotates at the "GOLDEN HOUR," then I'm gonna be pissed. You really don't loose enough FPS to notice, just keep the strings well waxed, especially up where the tube is gonna smack it a little, and it'll always be straight, and you'll never wonder. If some of your MONEY $hooters are still using them then there's a reason!!!!