Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 My experiment/Slick Tricks/different arrows >

My experiment/Slick Tricks/different arrows

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

My experiment/Slick Tricks/different arrows

Old 08-09-2008, 02:39 PM

Default My experiment/Slick Tricks/different arrows

I must say, after slinging a few Slick Tricks today I am now a believer in the "they fly like field tips" that everyone says.

I had been working on my broadhead tune, and had my bow to the point it was shooting stingers and thunderheads about 2-3 inches lower than field tips at 25 yards. Not bad, but still a little to go. Yesterday I picked up some Slick Trick Magnums at Cabelas, and shot them today. Boy was I impressed.

I have two different arrows. One is a CX Eliminator 250, 50 grain brass insert, 100 grain Trick for a total arrow weight of 405 grains. The other is an Easton Epic with 125 grain Trick at 398 grains. At 25 yards I shot 12 arrows, six of each arrow, 3 with field tips and 3 with broadheads. This is the result. Cx arrows are on the left, Epics on the right.

Now I will be the first to say I am by no means a competitive shooter, I just kind of struggle to get by and maintain hunting level accuracy. But the wind was blowing pretty stiff today so I don't feel too bad about those groups. What impressed me was the consistent impact across 4 arrow variables. Each arrow type impacted the same. I thought it was pretty neat. As far as I am concerned Tricks do "fly like field points."

Old 08-09-2008, 10:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: My experiment/Slick Tricks/different arrows

Yep Slick tricks rock!