Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

tuning question

Old 08-04-2008, 10:31 AM
Typical Buck

Default tuning question

I have been shooting my bow this morning and i've noticed my arrows are going into the target kind of sideways. I am standing dead even with my block target but when i go to pull them out instead of being at a 90 degree angle with the target they are angled to the left slightly...as if i took two big steps to the left and shot at a slight angle...i hope that makes sense. The bow also appears to be shooting slightly low and to the left. For what its worth i'm shooting beman ICS hunter 400s, with four inch feathers and 100 grain magnus stingers, out of a Bear Truth I, pulling about 68-ish lbs. I also shoot a whisker biscuit. The bow shop i normally go to is three hours away (i'm at school) so if it was just a minor adjustment i would like to do it myself. I like to think my form is very good, and the arrows are grouping very well, just not where they should be. I have read a few articles about walk back tuning and they say if your arrows are drifting low and left as you go back that the rest might have to be moved? I dunno though and i don't want to start moving stuff without a little guidance haha. So any help you guy had to offer would be most appreciated (unless it is "get brand x bow/broadhead/rest"), thanks!
Old 08-04-2008, 11:04 AM

Default RE: tuning question

if its the block as in openlayers then very rearly it will go in deadstrait...if it is, then try shooting on a decoy and see if you get the same thing
Old 08-04-2008, 01:29 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: tuning question

Sounds like your shaft is too weak for the bow.