Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Longer valley before wall on Reflex/Redhead >

Longer valley before wall on Reflex/Redhead

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Longer valley before wall on Reflex/Redhead

Old 07-27-2008, 08:49 PM
Spike

Default Longer valley before wall on Reflex/Redhead

I stepped up to a Black Ice this year and handed down my Redhead XP-32 to my high school aged son. I had BassPro change the draw length and had my son try it out. It has always had a very narrow valley at the let off, so much that even I had to maintain a lot of tension to keep it from trying to fire early. Needless to say, my son hates the feel. The BassPro shop told me there is a way to increase the valley, but the local shop here in town said that there isn't and that Hoyt/Reflex Cam&1/2 made bows all have this trait.

So, is there a way to increase the valley so it doesn't feel like you are hanging on a thread with this bow?
Old 07-28-2008, 07:48 PM
Spike

Default RE: Longer valley before wall on Reflex/Redhead

ttt,

Nobody has experience with this cam to allow for some creep?
[align=left] [/align]
Old 07-28-2008, 08:52 PM
Fork Horn

I have a reflex growler and can definatly say that this is the same over here...It doesnt really "lock" in on the draw back any you have very little room for any kinda letoff. It takes a lil getting used to, but the bow shoots awesome...

Is that who made the Redhead bows?? Hoyt?
Old 07-28-2008, 09:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

My Reflex Highlander is the same way. It's gotta be just how the cam & 1/2 works, I guess. There is very little "valley" at full draw, but like CarpetBagger said, it takes a little getting used to. Once you get used to it, the bow shoots fantastic!

Old 07-28-2008, 10:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Likewise, I have a "short valley" on my Reflex Highlander, but I'm still shooting it at 65% let-off. I considered getting it changed, just haven't made it by a shop to make that request.
Old 07-29-2008, 04:18 PM
Fork Horn

i like the wall on my reflex. I tried tuning it (which was a disaster) via this thread on AT and I got it pretty good eventually. it's seems kind of complicated at first but read it a second time through and you will get it. I guess you could untune it to get a long valley.