Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 best vanes combo for fixed blade broadheads >

best vanes combo for fixed blade broadheads

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

best vanes combo for fixed blade broadheads

Old 07-02-2008, 03:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: best vanes combo for fixed blade broadheads

I have shot Blazers for a few years, getting pretty good results. Last year, I tried the Quickspin ST hunters. I think they work a little better, but individual groups/days, etc. are pretty hard to compare and judge. I would compare the STs with an offset to Blazers with a full helical. I decided to try an experiment with STs vs. FOBs. Shot some this week, and so far, the STs are doing as well or better. They are putting my broadheads with field points out to 40 yards, and I don't bother shooting much farther. I don't use a peep, since it causes problems in low light for my older eyes. Groups with STs have been under 2" at 20, 3" at 30, etc. The FOB arrows seem to shoot low for some reason. I am not getting contact, I checked for that. Maybe I'm pressing against the FOB with my face or something. Pretty hard to do a test like this without a Hooter Shooter or at least some Pro-like shooting skills.
Old 07-02-2008, 04:55 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: best vanes combo for fixed blade broadheads

I shoot 4 inch duravanes through a WB (B2) without any problems and my vanes don't get wrinkled or torn up. Probably has alot to do with my setup though. 60lbs, 2215's and 125gr. muzzy 3 blades with a 27 inch arrow and 27.25 in. draw out of a Bear Instinct.
Old 08-24-2020, 03:50 AM
Spike

Hi, I have tried a lot of arrow vanes and found a few arrow vanes that are best for hunting and normal use as well some of them are
Bohning Blazer
Bohning 2.25-Inch
Q2i Fusion X-II
I hope you will like my these arrow vanes recommendations for any questions or issues you can always contact me.
Old 08-26-2020, 03:40 AM
Fork Horn

Wow, a 12 year thread resurrection. A little late to be answering the OP's question, I think.