Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Peep Site Issues >

Peep Site Issues

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Peep Site Issues

Old 06-27-2019, 12:38 PM
Fork Horn

Default Peep Site Issues

Good Afternoon
I have a Cabela's Credence made by Diamond. I have had peep rotation issues since I have owned it and have had 3 different strings on it. The tubeless peep just wont stay square when drawn. I have taken twists out put some in, had 3 shops look at it and adjust things. I even adjusted D loop to compensate and that lasts about 3 or 4 shots. But nothing works. I am thinking of putting on a tubed peep sight. Does anyone have any opinions or ideas on how to solve this issue without the tube?

Thank You
Old 07-05-2019, 05:17 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by croc2116
Good Afternoon
I have a Cabela's Credence made by Diamond. I have had peep rotation issues since I have owned it and have had 3 different strings on it. The tubeless peep just wont stay square when drawn. I have taken twists out put some in, had 3 shops look at it and adjust things. I even adjusted D loop to compensate and that lasts about 3 or 4 shots. But nothing works. I am thinking of putting on a tubed peep sight. Does anyone have any opinions or ideas on how to solve this issue without the tube?

Thank You
I hear your frustration! I have dealt with the Same thing, in fact it took me MANY years to trust a Tubeless Peep, The problem ultimately came down to Strings, as quick as i started shooting a High Qaulity String like ABB (America’s Best Bowstrings) Which are Pre Stretched, and Winners Choice, The rotation problems Completely went away for me. Cheap strings are NOTORIOUS for rotating. When you say that you tried 3 Strings on it, What Brand of Strings were they? A high quality String Set, String and Buss Cable/Cables can EASILY cost well north of 100 bucks

https://www.americasbestbowstrings.c...nd-bowstrings/

Last edited by Idaholewis; 07-05-2019 at 05:23 AM.
Old 07-06-2019, 04:16 AM
Boone & Crockett

Exactly what 54Bore said. If you have less expensive strings/cables you should shoot at least 100 shots to get the stretch out. Then once that is done you should check your axle to axle distance to see if it is within the manufacturer's specs and twist string as necessary.
Once all that is done and you can realign your peep. Also, you say that you adjusted your D loop to compensate but it only last 3 or 4 shots. Seems like your D loop knots are a bit loose. The best tool I've found for tightening a D loop is a set of snap ring pliers which you can pick up at Harbor Freight or Lowes.
Old 07-10-2019, 11:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you do use a tube...I would suggest you keep it from dry rotting. One tube dry rotted on me..and it snapped back hitting me in the eye. That's why I don't use a tube for my peep sight anymore. I like a peep that you can center into 4 equal strands on the bow string and anchor it down with string.

Last edited by Erno86; 07-10-2019 at 11:13 AM.
Old 09-14-2020, 09:23 PM
Spike

I am facing same issue
Old 09-16-2020, 06:07 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Willis Davis
I am facing same issue
Read IdahoLewis post above. Without a good string you will have to shoot your bow at least 100 times or more to get it stretched. Unless your string is "broken in" you'll drive yourself nuts trying to adjust the peep. The problem is that with the cheaper strings, by the time you get them broken in (stretched), they are about ready to be replaced. It can be very frustrating.