Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 fixed blade broadheads >

fixed blade broadheads

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

fixed blade broadheads

Old 09-23-2004, 10:42 AM

Default fixed blade broadheads

Just purchased a Mathews Outback last week and looking to find a good fixed blade broadhead that flies straight. I was looking at the NAP Nitron, NAP Crossfire or Viper Venom, any suggestions or experience in the flight of these broadheads?
I shoot 65lb, Beaman ICS Hunter 400 carbon arrows 100gr and use whisker bisket.
Old 09-23-2004, 10:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: fixed blade broadheads

I had my heart set on the crossfire and I could not get them to fly right. I went back to the proshop and we tried 6 different heads. Everyone of the other head flew right with my field points. The crossfires were hitting about 7 inches low at 20 yards. We spent over an hour trying different things and he finally just took the crossfires back. He contacted NAP about it 3 times but they never returned his calls. I have always been a NAP fan. I used thurderheads until this year. I just wanted to try something new and smaller. I have not heard of anyone else having this problem but then again I haven't checked into it much.
Old 09-23-2004, 11:23 AM

Crossfires drop like rocks, cause of those spin tab things I think. I don't know about the other two. But if you want a sweet shooter, go with a Montec or I hear Sonics shoot great.
Old 09-23-2004, 11:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

Rocket ultimate steels fly awesome!!!!!
Old 09-23-2004, 11:36 AM

Magnus Stingers are worth a look!
Old 09-23-2004, 11:55 AM

I tried several, I decided on the magnus stinger as it impacted right with the field tips and mechanicals without much additional tuning to what I had.

So when I'm on the ground I shoot those. Still when up the tree I use a mechanical.

both fly great for me..
Old 09-23-2004, 03:05 PM

I tried the NAP Nitron this week and I'm happy with them. I'll be using them this year. Flew just like my field tips.
Old 09-23-2004, 03:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have Muzzy, GFK Hornet and some Crimson Talon fixed blade heads. I usually hunt with the Muzzy's but I'd be just as comfortable with either of the other two. (especially the GFK)
Old 09-23-2004, 03:35 PM

I just love the montec's I shoot a ICS Venture 500 with a 100 grain tip. There is no difference between my field tips and the montecs. Appsolutely amazing broadheads.
Old 09-23-2004, 07:30 PM

The Viper Veneoms fly straight and stable and they blew huge holes in my target...if you get them use foam targets to push them through....

Quick Reply: fixed blade broadheads

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.