Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 cable slide upgrade? >

cable slide upgrade?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

cable slide upgrade?

Old 06-12-2008, 09:47 PM

Default cable slide upgrade?

I wondered what bowtech owners were using for cable slides? The factory one doesn't allow blazers to clear unless you turn your fletching downward. Just thought I'd find out what others preferred.
Old 06-12-2008, 11:24 PM

Default RE: cable slide upgrade?

I had similar problems with my Hoyt, MeanV turned me onto the Saunders Hyper Glide Slide, it fixed my problem and works flawless. Tucks the cables in nice and tight.
Old 06-13-2008, 04:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

This is the slide I use and recommend.

It's a Hick's 3-D Teflon slide and they're really inexpensive (4.99) through Lancaster Archery. They pull the cables over just slightly more than the stock slide but they are very, very smooth.

You can see them on the Hicks web site here.

And on Lancasters web site here.
[/align]
Old 06-13-2008, 07:40 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: TEmbry

I had similar problems with my Hoyt, MeanV turned me onto the Saunders Hyper Glide Slide, it fixed my problem and works flawless. Tucks the cables in nice and tight.
ditto that - the exact issue with a Black Ice, the exact same result!
Old 06-13-2008, 08:04 AM
Host of Hosts

I switched to the Saunders slide and like it. Never knew about the Hick's slides till now.
Old 06-13-2008, 08:24 AM

I've looked at the Saunders slide and compared it to the stock. It does look like it would pull the cables over quite a bit more than stock, but does it pull it too far over? Does it pull over too much to where you might have cam lean issues?
Old 06-13-2008, 09:33 PM

Thanks for the input, does it actually give a slight speed increase, like they claim?
Old 06-13-2008, 09:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have used the Hick's 3D slide that Pat mentioned above. Matt / PA mentioned it years ago on here and after that recommendation I have used it on several Bowtech's including an 04' Patriot, 05' Allegiance, 05' Old Glory, 06' Constitution, and my current 07' Constitution.It worked flawlessly on all of the bows I have used it on so far and has cleared any vane I have tried even on the fattest arrow shafts, without inducing any noticable limb twist or cam lean.I will likely have one on the next bow when it gets here as well unless I put a Muzzy Zero Effect on it.
Old 06-13-2008, 10:11 PM
Typical Buck

I have been using the Alpine Mach-5.This thing works awesome.Ultra quiet and minimal resistance.Im not sure if this will work ona Bowtech though.

Old 06-14-2008, 07:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MECHDOC

I have been using the Alpine Mach-5.This thing works awesome.Ultra quiet and minimal resistance.Im not sure if this will work ona Bowtech though.

You got an extra one laying around your urban bow shop? I need one on my Katera when it comes in, that little hole for a drop away string is sweet.

Quick Reply: cable slide upgrade?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.