HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   cable slide upgrade? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/249221-cable-slide-upgrade.html)

bohunter5040 06-12-2008 09:47 PM

cable slide upgrade?

I wondered what bowtech owners were using for cable slides? The factory one doesn't allow blazers to clear unless you turn your fletching downward. Just thought I'd find out what others preferred.

TEmbry 06-12-2008 11:24 PM

RE: cable slide upgrade?

I had similar problems with my Hoyt, MeanV turned me onto the Saunders Hyper Glide Slide, it fixed my problem and works flawless. Tucks the cables in nice and tight.

BowTech_Shooter 06-13-2008 04:40 AM

This is the slide I use and recommend.

It's a Hick's 3-D Teflon slide and they're really inexpensive (4.99) through Lancaster Archery. They pull the cables over just slightly more than the stock slide but they are very, very smooth.

You can see them on the Hicks web site here.

And on Lancasters web site here.
[/align]

bow_hunter44 06-13-2008 07:40 AM

ORIGINAL: TEmbry

I had similar problems with my Hoyt, MeanV turned me onto the Saunders Hyper Glide Slide, it fixed my problem and works flawless. Tucks the cables in nice and tight.
ditto that - the exact issue with a Black Ice, the exact same result!

PABuck_HNTR 06-13-2008 08:04 AM

I switched to the Saunders slide and like it. Never knew about the Hick's slides till now.

western outdoors 06-13-2008 08:24 AM

I've looked at the Saunders slide and compared it to the stock. It does look like it would pull the cables over quite a bit more than stock, but does it pull it too far over? Does it pull over too much to where you might have cam lean issues?

bohunter5040 06-13-2008 09:33 PM

Thanks for the input, does it actually give a slight speed increase, like they claim?

Rick James 06-13-2008 09:47 PM

I have used the Hick's 3D slide that Pat mentioned above. Matt / PA mentioned it years ago on here and after that recommendation I have used it on several Bowtech's including an 04' Patriot, 05' Allegiance, 05' Old Glory, 06' Constitution, and my current 07' Constitution.It worked flawlessly on all of the bows I have used it on so far and has cleared any vane I have tried even on the fattest arrow shafts, without inducing any noticable limb twist or cam lean.I will likely have one on the next bow when it gets here as well unless I put a Muzzy Zero Effect on it.

MECHDOC 06-13-2008 10:11 PM

I have been using the Alpine Mach-5.This thing works awesome.Ultra quiet and minimal resistance.Im not sure if this will work ona Bowtech though.

racewayking 06-14-2008 07:19 AM

ORIGINAL: MECHDOC

I have been using the Alpine Mach-5.This thing works awesome.Ultra quiet and minimal resistance.Im not sure if this will work ona Bowtech though.

You got an extra one laying around your urban bow shop? I need one on my Katera when it comes in, that little hole for a drop away string is sweet.