Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Possible problem with Mathews Cable?? >

Possible problem with Mathews Cable??

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Possible problem with Mathews Cable??

Old 05-26-2008, 09:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Possible problem with Mathews Cable??

I have a Mathews Outback and Ilike the bow but just replaced the string and cable with a new Zebra Cuda string and cable.. Anyway, after shooting a bit I notice where the bottom of the cable is being rubbed by the inside channel of the cam during my draw cycle. Cable is not fraying from what I can tell but it's left an indention in the cable. I know this cable has been served a little lower than the one that came off the bow. Just curious if anyone else has ran into this and if it's anything to be worried about..

Any Advise?
Old 05-28-2008, 06:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Possible problem with Mathews Cable??

Called a couple archery shops and one said it's a common problem, not to worry about it and a lot of them do it. Another said the cable was not served high enough and needs to be taken off an re served..
Old 05-28-2008, 06:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Possible problem with Mathews Cable??

ORIGINAL: demoIL

Called a couple archery shops and one said it's a common problem, not to worry about it and a lot of them do it. Another said the cable was not served high enough and needs to be taken off an re served..

Yeah its a common problem on Mathews bows.... its called cam lean.... it means that your cable and or string is the wrong length or has stretched out of spec. You should definately worry about it.