Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Low recoil bow?

Old 05-20-2008, 06:31 AM
Fork Horn

Default Low recoil bow?

I broke my left wrist many moons ago. It healed up and I moved on. But it seems like for the last few years it's been coming back to haunt me. I've shoot a Martin Jaguar (circa 1990) but the recoil starts killing my wrist after 10-12 shots. My brother has a Parker and my son has a Mathews and they are so much smoother to shoot then my old Martin I've decided to get something different.

It will be strictly a hunting bow and I don't want a lot of frills or gadgets. 50-60#, 28 1/2" draw. I'm open to any and all suggestions.

Thanks in advance

Chris

Old 05-20-2008, 07:54 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Low recoil bow?

I just ordered a Bowtech General, 60 lbs, 29" draw. I don't think it's possible to get a bow with lower recoil and shootability for hunting. But please don't take my word for it, go to a pro shop and shoot it and decide for yourself. It will be worth the trip!
Old 05-20-2008, 08:23 AM
Typical Buck

x2
Old 05-20-2008, 09:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

well youre definitely gonna get a lot of guys say bowtech. just shoot some bows, see what you like most
Old 05-20-2008, 09:29 AM

Shoot as many as you can to decide. I prefer Mathews and have shot everything from Hoyt to Bowtech to PSE to etc. etc. Mathews was heads above the rest IMO.

Best of Luck!
Old 05-20-2008, 09:52 AM
Typical Buck

Brand loyalty is not me, as some who post would have you believe!

I have shot Matthews, Hoyts, Bowtechs, PSE, Reflex, Bear, High Country, Parkerand all make excellent bows (never shot a Martin). Obviously, you need to try several and see what you like.

But foryour stated desire(low recoil), I do not believe you will find anything better than a Bowtech General.

That's my opinion and I encourage you to try many, but if you leave this one out of your search, you will have missed an opportunity, IMHO.
Old 05-20-2008, 03:17 PM
Typical Buck

Bowtech General is the least recoil I have felt. You should try Diamonds Black Ice and Marquise also. For Mathews try the Dxt. I haven't shot any others.
Old 05-20-2008, 05:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bowtech General
Old 05-20-2008, 05:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: luke/r

Bowtech General is the least recoil I have felt. You should try Diamonds Black Ice and Marquise also. For Mathews try the Dxt. I haven't shot any others.
The Marquis has very low recoil also. (that's what I shoot)
Old 05-20-2008, 06:15 PM
Host of Hosts

Although I'm a Bowtech fan... I'm being completely honest when I tell you a center pivot bow like a Guardian, Commander or The General will be hard to beat in the recoil/shock department.

Quick Reply: Low recoil bow?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.