Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

limdriver setup

Old 04-19-2008, 05:38 PM

Default limdriver setup

I was at my range this morning and noticed a flouresent green mark on my prongs. After close inspection I concluded rest wast set too low and my blazer vanes were hitting my rest. When the guy at the shop setup my limbdriver he set it to the factory knockpoint used a level, and adjusted centershot with a laser tool. What should my next steps be in tuning my rest/nockpoint. I have heard nockpoint should be level and I have also heard pitching slightly downward. I don't want to go to the shop I purchased from since it is 30 miles away, bps is closer but I don't trust their techs.
Old 04-19-2008, 08:13 PM

Default RE: limdriver setup

Depends on what bow you are shooting. I shoot a Bowtech and my nock point is a little above level.
Old 04-19-2008, 08:20 PM

Don't mess with your nock just yet.recheck your timing first,some people had to retime once after initial setup due to the cord stretching.
go to http://www.vaportrailarchery.com/limbDriver.aspand watch the video, you will be able to save yourself the trip.
Old 04-20-2008, 04:34 AM

I could tell by looking down my arow that the vane would actually hit the riser shelf. So I dont think timing is an issue
Old 04-20-2008, 01:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: redoakbuck

I could tell by looking down my arow that the vane would actually hit the riser shelf. So I dont think timing is an issue
If the arrow fletch would hit the shelf when the rest is in the up position and arrow level, everything needs to be raised. That's my opinion without looking at it, but clearance issues with a Limb Driver are hard to get unless the setup is pretty far off.

Dan

Old 04-21-2008, 03:03 PM
Fork Horn

Are you shooting cock vane up or down? I had similiar problems with my trophy taker when I was trying to shoot cock vane down. If you are not already doing it, try shooting cock vane up which will give you more clearance.