Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Thumb trigger release 4 use w/ a D-loop?? >

Thumb trigger release 4 use w/ a D-loop??

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Thumb trigger release 4 use w/ a D-loop??

Old 03-29-2008, 07:25 PM

Default Thumb trigger release 4 use w/ a D-loop??

I'm going to get a thumb trigger release here soon. Problem is, I know very little about them, I've never used them, never researched them....

I do know that some aren't compatible w/ a d-loop, they hook to the string by pushing it on the string. So, my question is.......Which would be a good thumb trigger release to use w/ a D-loop?
Old 03-29-2008, 07:37 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Thumb trigger release 4 use w/ a D-loop??

OMG mobow, the list is endless. Carter makes a pile of great ones. Check out Lancaster Archerys huge list of them. The Chocolate line is great. Thinking about one as a back up but I love my Carter Hole Thing 3 I think I once showed you online. It can be used as a thumb or pinky. I use it pinky currently.

Old 03-29-2008, 08:15 PM

mobo,
I use a TruBall T handle. I don't think it's offered any longer though. I'm lookin at the T handle thumb release w/ the talon hook up.
Old 03-29-2008, 08:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Obviously Carter offers pretty much anything and everything you could look for in thumb-release models. I went with a Truball ST-3 (got a great deal on it), and love it! Fits my hand very comfortably and allowed me to develop a more noticable anchor point imho.
Old 03-29-2008, 08:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

I am partial to the Carter line and specifically the ones with the I.T.S.

If I were to get serious again,theMini Evolution would definately be one I would love to try.
Old 03-30-2008, 12:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you have smaller hands thenCascade Saturday Night Special might do well for you. Marketed by Spott Hogg.
Old 03-30-2008, 03:43 PM

Thanks guys, I'm still looking, but a buddy of mine is letting me borrow his truball Extreme....Anybody know anything about it?

I'm just gonna mess w/ this one for a bit, and see how it works........Still exploring options.
Old 03-30-2008, 06:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'll show you my Carter Just Cuz + on the 12th, provided my sight makes it in by then. In fact, I'll bring it and the Connie regardless so that we can let you blank-bale with it a bit at the practice range.
Old 03-31-2008, 07:06 AM
Typical Buck

The TruBall Extreme release is the same as the Trail Boss, but with a shorter head. They are good releaseses overall. I shot a trail boss for a couple of years, but I prefer the Carter releases. My personal favorite is the Insatiable.
Old 03-31-2008, 08:25 AM

Well I've shot the TruBall a few times, and it's decent. Not bad, I love the concept. The trigger pull is too long on it. I've got it set as light as possible. You simply cannot fire it using back tension, the trigger pull is just too long.

Quick Reply: Thumb trigger release 4 use w/ a D-loop??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.