Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Thumb trigger release 4 use w/ a D-loop?? >

Thumb trigger release 4 use w/ a D-loop??

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Thumb trigger release 4 use w/ a D-loop??

Old 03-31-2008, 11:11 AM

Default RE: Thumb trigger release 4 use w/ a D-loop??

The TRu-Fire 3D hunter is another to recommend. It can be set for a faster triggering and is very simple to use. The Carter chocolate addiction and addiction lite are also very good with a loop.
Old 03-31-2008, 12:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Don, was that the one whch Paul had with himi at the shoot? I didn't like that one at all for your purposes and how I'd like to shoot a thumb-trigger release... You're right; that one is nothing more than a caliper release that you hold and fire with a thumb instead of index finger.

You'll see my Carter is WAY different; you'll like it a lot better.
Old 03-31-2008, 01:00 PM

Yes, Greg.....It is the one Paul had with him. I'm glad he had one, and was kind enough to let me try it.

It only took about 5 shots to know it wasn't what I was looking for. I shot it a couple times, made some adjustments, and shot it a couple more times. It's back in the case, and I'll return it to him w/ my thanks. NOT what I'm looking for at all.

I don't necessarily want one w/ pure back tension, but this one has WAY too much travel in the trigger. There is absolutely NO way you could fire it w/ back tension, the trigger needs to move almost 1/4 inch. You're spot on, it's nothing more than a caliper release fired via thumb trigger.
Old 03-31-2008, 02:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

If that release had too much travel,it probably was adjusted wrong.They are a pain in the but to adjust so it is quite possible it wasn't adjusted properly.

I have the old original design of the Chappy Boss and there is almost zero trigger travel.

I also prefer the Carter's and imo,they are easier to fire properly.
Old 03-31-2008, 03:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

I just thought about something,does the truball have the cocking lever,if not,then I agree,it has too long of trigger travel.I have been down that road as well.
Old 03-31-2008, 03:25 PM

ORIGINAL: TFOX

I just thought about something,does the truball have the cocking lever,if not,then I agree,it has too long of trigger travel.I have been down that road as well.
No, it has no cocking mechanism......It works identically to a wrist caliper, push the trigger to open the jaws, let go and they close.

You had me all excited there for a second....I was just about to ask how to adjust it.....disregard. [&o]
Old 03-31-2008, 03:58 PM

If I'd of known, I would have let you shoot my Carter hunter. Its set pretty light with very little travel. Only thing you got to get past is that it has an open hook which is one of the thingsI like most about it.

Old 03-31-2008, 06:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Matt, if you come down to shoot with us on the 12th, be sure and bring that (I don't know if that's your regular release or not)... We'll let Don shoot all of ours, and I wouldn't mind giving your's a whirl too if you wouldn't mind.

My Just Cuz + is set up pretty much the same way, except mine's three fingers and no rope, but the thumb trigger's exactly the same. Come to think of it, I think I'm going to walk over and do some more blank baling on the off chance my sight comes in the next two weeks and I actually get to shoot that rig!
Old 03-31-2008, 06:35 PM

Yeah, that would be cool. I don't have the opportunity to try any of those out, unless somebody I know has one. We have absolutely no reason to stock any at the shop, so the one I order I'm stuck with.

Old 03-31-2008, 07:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Tru ball makes 2 styles,1 for hunter and 1 for competetion.The hunter is junk imo.As you found out,way too much trigger travel but the others are pretty sweet but they just don't fit my hand like a Carter.

Greg has the same release as mine except mine is a Fits Me Too which is just a smaller version of the Just Cuz and mine has the I.T.S system.

I have made the switch to Bt full timeand that is the way to go imo.It's even a little cheaper.[:-]

Quick Reply: Thumb trigger release 4 use w/ a D-loop??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.