Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Cam Lean?

Old 03-28-2008, 12:55 PM
N2D

Default Cam Lean?

I have a single cam bow that is only 1.5 years old. After I had the string and harness replaced at a pro shop, there was a clicking noise when breaking over to full draw. There has always been some cam lean on this bow but for some reason it became worse in a hurry. I finally noticed that the clicking noise was the string from all the cam lean was trying to come out of the groove in the cam and when drawing it clicked, or snapped, back into place. It was almost coming out of the track.

The shop owner gave my an RA# and told me to send it to Martin. From the time it arrived to them to the time it was back at my door was 7 days which is good customer service in my book. The only thing it said on the receipt, or invoice, was replaced both cams and both limbs. Okay fair enough.

So my questions are 1. What causes cam lean to this extent? 2. why did both cams and limbs have to be replaced? 3. If it did this in1.5 years, is this going to happen again?

I have had this bow since new. I have never dry fired it (Or any other bow) and it really has not been shot all that much. I might mention that it came back with the same string and harness that was on it when it was sent to them.

Any ideas fellas?

ED

Old 03-28-2008, 02:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Cam Lean?

Axle holes were probably drilled out of square and that caused the lean and in turn,wore the cams out in the process of shooting.

Or vice versa but axle holes being out of square is not anything new.
Old 03-28-2008, 02:57 PM
N2D

Default RE: Cam Lean?

Dang, never would have thought that one TFOX. Thanks.

Ed