Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 re-tuning question >

re-tuning question

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

re-tuning question

Old 03-27-2008, 06:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default re-tuning question

I don't know why I didn't think of this earlier but better late than never I suppose. Last year I bought my Vectrix new and had it set-up by the proshop. I've since put probably 500 shots on the bow and just now realized that after the break-in period of 100 shots that my string stretched which threw off the tuning and needs to be re-tuned.

For the record, I know very little about and have done zero tuning in my archery career. Despite that, what could I expect to need re-tweaking?
Old 03-27-2008, 07:53 PM

Default RE: re-tuning question

"I" would start by bottoming out your limbs and then measuring your A2A, BH, and poundage. You should have your bow's specs in your manual or you can find them online. If everything measures up then you should be okay.
Old 03-27-2008, 07:53 PM
Fork Horn

hoyt cam tuning: Hoyt Draw Stop Timing (Revised) - ArcheryTalk
this is kind of hard and you need a bowpress ( i used a home made ratchet lock bowpress - not recomended)
its fairly simple though, you need to adjust the cables so the tiller is the same and the draw stops line up. the
goal is to do that and get all tuning specifications like a2a, draw length, and draw weight correct. I'd say you
dont need to do this, but it is worth a look.

Easton Tuning Guide: http://home.att.net/~sajackson/tuning_guide.html

you can papertune to test the nock point/ rest position. the shop will help you.
you can check clearance i guess
if your peep is off you can fix that
umm you can group and walkback tune
what else...

i guess if it shoots good your set. maybe just wax up the strings and cables
Old 03-28-2008, 12:06 PM

Cable/string creep will effect your cam timing, peak poundage, draw length and therefore your tune. The easiest way to check it is to have marked your cams when it was in tune by running a marker across them along the limb line then seeing if that mark moved in relation to the limb.