Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 shrink fletch tubes >

shrink fletch tubes

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

shrink fletch tubes

Old 03-26-2008, 02:03 PM

Default shrink fletch tubes

thinking of buying some blazer shrink tubes but before I go out and buy a bunch of them I would like to here some input on them. Pros and Cons?
Old 03-26-2008, 02:48 PM

Default RE: shrink fletch tubes

Pros: they are real easy and require only one step to get wraps and fletching. Cons: they are expensive and I kinda like to fletch my own arrows for some warped reason [8D]
Old 03-26-2008, 03:05 PM

They're expensive and heavy. Rip one fletch, guess what? Gotta redo the whole thing.

Where I think they would absolutely SHINE is a quick fix while on a hunt. I personally wouldn't use them for every day use though. Neat idea, just not very practical, IMO.
Old 03-26-2008, 03:58 PM
Fork Horn

ive used the regular veins, and the arrows don't all shoot the same. It seemed with field points, they didn't shoot as straight.I shot at a rabbit with a field point, and the arrow went under the grass, and it ripped the tube, and pulled it halfway off the arrow. with my fixed blade broadheads, they shot awesome.if the water is too hot, it wrinkles the veins.overall i would give them3 out of 5 stars. very easy, practical and quick, cheaper than getting new arrows, and plus they shoot good with broadheads. I haven't tried the blazers or quickspins though, they might be better.