Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 New to BOWTECH Bows >

New to BOWTECH Bows

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

New to BOWTECH Bows

Old 03-21-2008, 11:26 PM

Default New to BOWTECH Bows

I am new to bows and bowhunting and recently bought a "The General" Bowtech bow. And I Being new and inexperienced dry fired the bow and damaged the string.

Can anyone help me in getting an idea how long it should take to get a replacement string from Bowtech? It has been more than two weeks and my bow is still waiting for its string?

What kind of customer support can I expect from Bowtech? The shop where I left the bow says Bowtech isbehind on its partsand it is just taking more time to get the string. But he can give me no ETA.

I call Bowtech and they say the string will ship from them within 48 hours. With a max 3 Day UPS delivery in the U.S.

Has anyone had any experience with Bowtech?

Please advise and thanks !
Old 03-22-2008, 05:47 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: New to BOWTECH Bows

I deal with them all the time. Usually 5-7 business days in the norm.
Although, rumor is, they have the best factory strings, I would look into getting custom strings from someone else.

Try WolfDen Strings or Tailormade. Great Products, minimul stretch.

Old 03-22-2008, 07:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Have you looked over the bow since the dry fire? Checked the cams and limbs? The string may be the least of your worries.
Old 03-22-2008, 08:54 AM

The techsays that everything else is fine as the string did not completely separate. He is supposed to the a bowtech university graduate. So I must assume that everthing else is fine.
Old 03-22-2008, 12:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Bowtech service is top notch. It can take 5 to 7 business days just for shipping across the country, depending on where you are at.

Dan
Old 03-22-2008, 05:51 PM

I think next time will just send it directly to bowtech instead of letting a "local official seller" handle it. It looks like it is going to be about three weeks maybe 4 before my bow is fixed.
Old 03-22-2008, 06:30 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: The_Dude

I think next time will just send it directly to bowtech instead of letting a "local official seller" handle it. It looks like it is going to be about three weeks maybe 4 before my bow is fixed.
I would definitely let Bowtech know their "local official seller" is a problem and that you're extremely dissatisfied. It's no way to treat any customer, let alone a new one. I'd be irate, if I was you.
Old 03-22-2008, 07:39 PM

I would not have been too unhappyif someone just had said that the ball was dropped on ordering the string or perhaps the strings we back ordered etc.

But combined with non-answers (or conflicting answers)of Bowtech's staff with non-commital as to when my bow will be repaired by the their local rep here in Georgia, I am documenting all of this to send a letter to Bowtech and demanding an answer to the simple question...

Is three weeks or more a resonable time to wait to have a replacement string installed on my bow by a Bowtech factory rep or reseller or whatever Bowtech calls them?

The manager at Bowtech I have been trading e-mails with is not giving me an answer to that simple question, and that is making me unhappy.

Dont they have an agreement with theirreps on timeliness for certain repairs??? Certainly string replacement would or should be a fairly routine procedure.

I work for a company that analyzes complex workflows and understands how long it should take to complete certain tasks. This certainly qualifies as somthing for which an advanced company like Bowtech should have data on and they should be measuring it and tracking success/faliure rate at a minimum.

This thursday will be three weeks lets see if its fixed by then.

Old 03-22-2008, 08:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Standard practice from my rep is he sends the bow back to Bowtech for inspection. Even if he looks it over they typically will replace the limbs, string/cables and cams after a dry fire for safety reasons.If you gave him your bowand he still has it I'd almost bet he sent it back.

Bowtech will not ship a bow to an individualafter repair.

Just string replacement should only be a 2-3 day job. If he has them in stock it does not take long at all to replace string/cables without tuning and installation of peep.
Old 03-22-2008, 08:59 PM

Apparently he has the equipment to examine the bow. The string did not snap completely. several strands broke but not all of them. He said everything else is fine.

Quick Reply: New to BOWTECH Bows

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.