Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

OT2 question(s)

Old 03-21-2008, 12:54 PM
Fork Horn

Default OT2 question(s)

I was just messing around with OT2 (after reading a post by Archer 2). The thing I don't understand is with the exact same everything, in the spine match screen, changing arrows from "hunting" to "target" to "both" changes the slider indicating spine match.What is up with that? The spine of the arrow certainly doesn't change.So why wouldit appear to have changed?

Also,I have a Vectrix but there is no cam and a half in the pull down for cam selection. The program defaults to"single hard cam". Is that correct?

Thanks!

Old 03-21-2008, 01:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: OT2 question(s)

Hunting requires a slightly stiffer arrow than target shooting due what a hunting arrow needs to do.Penetrate is one thing and carring a broadhead is another,you will notice it is a very slight difference on the scale.

I also feel that single hard cam isn't the correct selection for the cam 1/2but it is using an ibo rating and if you use an actuall chrony number to calibrate with,WHICH YOU SHOULD DO,it is irrelevant.
Old 03-21-2008, 01:55 PM
Fork Horn

Hey TFOX! Long time, no type. Much abliged for the info. I think I saw where a broadhead can be selected when doing spine matching. I will have to give that a whirl. Yes I should use an actual chronographed value for my arrow velocity. However, I, er,um, kind of, blew up my chronograph! Which brings up another question, what brand/model of chronograph are folks using these days?
Old 03-22-2008, 07:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Lee,

How's everything in Idaho?

I'm using a Shooting Chrony F-1 Master. It has a remote display so that if you accidently shoot the front of your chronograph you will only hit metal.
Old 03-22-2008, 07:51 AM
Fork Horn

Hey Dave,

Things in Idaho are grand. They would be even grander (grander?) if the freakin' snow would leave!

A remote display sounds like a cool deal. A real cool deal. Thanks!
Old 03-22-2008, 10:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here's picture of remote display.

Old 03-22-2008, 11:10 AM
Fork Horn

That is cool! 317!! That kind of speed is for you young guys!
Old 03-22-2008, 12:04 PM
Typical Buck

Bowhunter, I questioned the cam 1/2 setting coming up one cam hard so I contacted the developer of OT2 and he told me that it was correct since a cam and half is actually like a one cam. So go ahead and use the one cam hard for all cam 1/2 settings.
Old 03-22-2008, 08:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bow_hunter44

It's from the new string/cables and positioning the speed nocks and STS. The same arrow I was at 294 before the change.
Old 03-22-2008, 10:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: davepjr71

ORIGINAL: bow_hunter44

It's from the new string/cables and positioning the speed nocks and STS. The same arrow I was at 294 before the change.

If you had that kind of gain,you had some issues with the other setup.

Or,you have some preload change and alot less strands,along with maybe a little twisted cable situation that has given you a longer draw length.

Either way,specs are a little different.One was/is not correct,but maybe perfectly acceptable.

I myself have seen some pretty good speed increases with different string/cable configuratiuons but there is usually a reason.

Quick Reply: OT2 question(s)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.