Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Hoyt cable question >

Hoyt cable question

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Hoyt cable question

Old 02-14-2003, 10:27 AM
Typical Buck

Default Hoyt cable question

I recently made a set of strings and cables for my Razortec. After I had finished I took it the bow to my shop for a couple of other things, namely to try the Hoyt doinker stabilizer. My dealer told me something I had not heard before and I was wondering if anyone else had heard the same thing.

What he told me (info he got directly from the Hoyt rep) was that Hoyt discourages the use of a standard split yolk power cable because the split system does not allow for even distribution across the split limbs. Now, I know Winners Choice just splits the power cable and there are 100s if not 1000s of them out there. Just to be safe I remade my yolk and created a saddle like the Hoyt factory strings. Has anyone else heard this?
Old 02-14-2003, 10:29 AM
CG

Default RE: Hoyt cable question

I can' t see as one would apply different pressure than the other??? I would think the split would actually apply more even pressure......Huh.....
Old 02-14-2003, 10:31 AM
Typical Buck

My dealer was as suprised as I was to hear that. He ha made a couple of 100 cables with the split prior to hearing that as well.
Old 02-14-2003, 08:01 PM

i had that problem with my magnatec.i put wc strings on it.i had to twist the cable several times to get my draw weight back.when i went to tune it i couldn' t get a good paper tear,always a little off.i ended up having to twist the yoke a bit to get the tear out.i believe if you specify wc can match hoyts factory set-up.
Old 02-14-2003, 09:40 PM
Fork Horn

Sounds like a marketing strategy to me. Hoyt used to tie in the soft yokes but then made them open so the string/cable could " center" itself. I always make mine as the split yoke as I feel it gives me more tunability. Nice looking string and cable.
Old 02-19-2003, 06:43 AM
Fork Horn

I have never heard of that, but who knows there could be some reasoning behind it.
Personally i like the way hoyt makes their yokes, never had a problem with them.
That is interesting though.