Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 string and cables >

string and cables

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

string and cables

Old 02-21-2008, 06:35 PM
Typical Buck

Default string and cables

Just wondering how easy it is to replace string and cables on my '05 allegiance. I have the originals on there and figure it's time to upgrade. Want to go the Giblet route but dont want to buy them somewhere else and then take it to my shop for them to put on. Dont want to cause a problem. I want to try and do more of my own set up and figured this might be a good opportunity to try it out. What do you guys think??
Old 02-21-2008, 07:17 PM

Default RE: string and cables

If you have a press, it is very easy. Just as easy as taking the old ones off and putting the new ones on. I would mark down all your specs before you swap them out so that when you put the new ones on you havee a reference point. But my experience with gibblet stings is that the lengths are right on and not many adjustments are needed expect a twist to get your peep lined up.
Old 02-21-2008, 08:00 PM
Boone & Crockett

Hey, after your bow shop see's those strings and cables, he'll want to sell them. The bow shop that sponsors me keeps Johns cards on his front counter. I don't see a problem with that.
Old 02-21-2008, 08:15 PM
Typical Buck

I have a great relationship with my shop and didn't want to ruffle any feathers. The best he sells is winners choice(which are good), but I want the next step up. I'll feel him out and maybe you're right, but I also want to try some stuff myself. Either way, he'll end up seeing them at some point in time.
Old 02-21-2008, 08:51 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: loogout1

I have a great relationship with my shop and didn't want to ruffle any feathers. The best he sells is winners choice(which are good), but I want the next step up. I'll feel him out and maybe you're right, but I also want to try some stuff myself. Either way, he'll end up seeing them at some point in time.
I've been buttering Gibs bread, but he also has some of the best string wax on the market. I got some last week and it's the bomb.
Old 02-21-2008, 09:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

When my local shop put mine on he ask what kind it was,I don't think he was disappointed.As long as they do it correctly I'm happy,good string I feel!
Old 02-21-2008, 09:18 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: RLoving1

When my local shop put mine on he ask what kind it was,I don't think he was disappointed.As long as they do it correctly I'm happy,good string I feel!
I heard your feeling a little froggy, come down and shoot Clifton with us. We won't laugh

Old 02-21-2008, 09:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

You wouldn't be able to shoot from laughing so hard! You,I and Frodo(Russ) would be last three places!