Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 a bad case of road rash, to shoot or not to shoot? (high quality pics, might take a second to load) >

a bad case of road rash, to shoot or not to shoot? (high quality pics, might take a second to load)

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

a bad case of road rash, to shoot or not to shoot? (high quality pics, might take a second to load)

Old 02-20-2008, 11:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: a bad case of road rash, to shoot or not to shoot? (high quality pics, might take a second to lo

Just keep an eye on the string where it wraps around that bad spot on the cam. If you smoothed it out good, it'll be fine. I would recommend getting some sandpaper and smoothing out the scraped spots on the limbs. Rough spots like that are excellent places for cracks and splinters to form. Smooth them out and it won't be as easy for them to turn into weak spots that could threaten the limbs. Take a q-tip and some matching paint to seal and touch up the sanded areas and make it purty again.

I'd pay attention for about the next 200 shots after you do all the repairs, listening for cracks and pops. And if the bow suddenly starts shooting way low or way high, stop shooting and start looking the bow over. If that happens, you've probably got a limb coming apart.
Old 02-20-2008, 11:25 AM

Default RE: a bad case of road rash, to shoot or not to shoot? (high quality pics, might take a second to lo

Thanks for the advice, I will keep all of that in mind.

I'll also sand down the limbs slightly, that is a very good idea.

It still scares me a little when I shoot it [:-]but I think it's fine.

Hopefully if it flies apart it doesn't kill me, or worse, hit me in the nuts. [:'(]

Thanks for all the info again.

The LH Parker Buck Hunter XP is back in action!!
Old 02-20-2008, 03:43 PM
Fork Horn

Please make sure you are always wearing glasses and a light jacket when shooting it in case something does happen. I have started wearing glasses all the time now whenever I am doing anything outdoors, ie fishing shooting archery etc. Eyes are just too hard to come by. Take care.
Old 02-22-2008, 06:15 AM
Fork Horn

If it was my BUDDY's bow, and HE dropped it, HE would be shooting it .... and I would standing way back ...
Old 02-23-2008, 01:06 AM

ORIGINAL: Winger

If it was my BUDDY's bow, and HE dropped it, HE would be shooting it .... and I would standing way back ...
no doubt, but there's no sense in being scared, lol. either it's gonna blow up or it ain't

and it didn't, wootaloo! The reason I was the one shooting it is because I told him i thought it was shootable, and he didn't agree. So it was one of those "put your money where your mouth is" things. I didn't wanna not shoot b/c then he woulda thought I was talking a tough line because it wasn't going to be my face in front of the bow.

Oh, the dumb things I do =\

and thanks for the advice orange
Old 03-04-2008, 07:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

after seeing the cam, I'm surprised there's a question to shoot or not to shoot. seems fairly obvious