Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Why do my muzzy's shoot high >

Why do my muzzy's shoot high

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Why do my muzzy's shoot high

Old 09-06-2005, 11:55 AM

Default Why do my muzzy's shoot high

First of all, I got a Browning Yukon for my 50th birthday about 2 weeks ago. The first bow I've owned or shot. That being said, I've practiced alot as the season starts the 17th. My 100gr field points are shooting pretty good but, my new 100gr Muzzy's are shooting almost six inches higher. First of all, is this typical and if not what do I do to fix it?
Old 09-06-2005, 12:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Why do my muzzy's shoot high

Raise your nock point or lower you rest slightly .
Old 09-06-2005, 01:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Agreed, your nocking point is possibly about 1/8" too low. Of course you don't say at what distance you shot them. I'll assume 20 yards.
Old 09-07-2005, 05:40 AM

Thanks guys. I will try changing the knocking point. But can anyone explain the difference between the field points and the broadheads?
Old 09-07-2005, 06:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

You can get away with bad form and an out of tune bow more with target points. The blades on broadheads magnifyproblems because your arrow is being guided from the front with the higher profile.
Old 09-07-2005, 07:54 AM

That makes sense. Moving the knocking point worked with the broad heads. Now its time for tuning. Thanks.
Old 09-07-2005, 09:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

That makes sense. Moving the knocking point worked with the broad heads. Now its time for tuning. Thanks.
Thats basically what you just did. Just shoot your field points and broadheads together at as far as you feel comfortable shooting, and adjust accordingly like you did to get your broadheads lower.
Old 09-07-2005, 11:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

KRK,

What Josh just said. When you moved the nocking point that was part of the tuning process. Good luck. Sounds like you're learning.
Old 09-08-2005, 11:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

At least you can get your 4 blade muzzys to fly correctly out of your bow. I was using muzzy 4 balde 100 gr on Easton 2314 aluminum arrows and could hit the broadside of a barn even ifI was inside the barn.SoI did a little research and triedthe same broadheads on my carbons whichI no longer use, again same thing, sothenI tried my Thunderehead 3 blade 100grainbroad heads on my aluminums and dead center anywhere from 15 yards to 35 yards.Put them on my carbons and again, dead center. Needless to sayI am not impressed with Muzzy products. I dont think they are bad to the bone, I thinkthey just plainout suck! I will never buy another Muzzy product. My next broad head purchase will always be NAP Thunderheads and American Broadhead. Check out this site. All you muzzy lovers think Muzzys are bad to the bone, these babies are bad all the way through the bone and then some!!! http://www.americanbroadhead.com/cgi-bin/trophy.cgi?Status=Livewatch the videos and be prepared to buy a good stable broadhead.
Old 09-08-2005, 11:56 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Kybuckhunter

You can get away with bad form and an out of tune bow more with target points. The blades on broadheads magnifyproblems because your arrow is being guided from the front with the higher profile.
ditto.

Quick Reply: Why do my muzzy's shoot high

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.