Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 O.K. just how short am I? >

O.K. just how short am I?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

O.K. just how short am I?

Old 02-13-2008, 10:42 PM

Default O.K. just how short am I?

I knew something wasn't right with my shooting during the bowseason. I made some changes in my form and the problem immediately came to light. My drawlength is too short! Now, I get to figure by how much. I say 1 1/4, maybe a little more. What do you guys think?
Old 02-13-2008, 10:43 PM

Default RE: O.K. just how short am I?

Inch and a half, easy.
Old 02-13-2008, 10:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

I would start with a 1/2" but I feel you will seea problem with the release if you go longer,you will most likely need to shorten it because I really don't see you being able to anchor the release hand on you face if you don't.

That form sure has come a long way,good job.

You may also try a little more headforward approach as well,just to se if you can hit the anchors and see how it feels.

You are at a point where tweaking little things to test and see what works best for you can be extremely helpfull.

This is kind of what I am talking about.

Old 02-13-2008, 11:01 PM

ORIGINAL: TFOX

I would start with a 1/2" but I feel you will seea problem with the release if you go longer,you will most likely need to shorten it because I really don't see you being able to anchor the release hand on you face if you don't.

That form sure has come a long way,good job.

You may also try a little more headforward approach as well,just to se if you can hit the anchors and see how it feels.

You are at a point where tweaking little things to test and see what works best for you can be extremely helpfull.

This is kind of what I am talking about.

Thanks, TFox. BTW the release is going bye-bye and soon. The strap is adjusted as short as it will go.
Old 02-14-2008, 12:26 AM
Typical Buck

Doegirl, could you get us a picture of your draw when you're wearing a tighter t-shirt ???just to see your elbow !!!!
Maybe you're stretching your arm a little, bending it might get your anchor closer to the string ?
I had the same problem and like Tfox says, it takes a lot of shooting and getting some form before these things show up and can be dealt with.....
I posted some pics on a thread in the tech section about my sexy body.....you can go and look, might be helpful

Ow by the way, is that a new hairdo ?

Frank
Old 02-14-2008, 12:33 AM

ORIGINAL: m9a9g9i9c

Doegirl, could you get us a picture of your draw when you're wearing a tighter t-shirt ???just to see your elbow !!!!
Maybe you're stretching your arm a little, bending it might get your anchor closer to the string ?
I had the same problem and like Tfox says, it takes a lot of shooting and getting some form before these things show up and can be dealt with.....
I posted some pics on a thread in the tech section about my sexy body.....you can go and look, might be helpful

Frank
My bow arm is straight, but not hyperextended. I'm using a moderately high wrist position as well. I'm trying to get away from shooting with a bent bow arm. It's hard to be consistent with it.
The hair was done earlier last evening. Thanks for noticing
As for the tighter shirt, sorry dude.
Old 02-14-2008, 04:56 AM
Dominant Buck

Have you considered switching to shooting "fingers"? That would absorb the length increase since you're dropping that release anyway.
Old 02-14-2008, 05:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: m9a9g9i9c

Frank
This coming from someone who has no loose t-shirts with his sexy body!
Old 02-14-2008, 05:55 AM

Yes, you are certainly short on the DL. TFOX, I'm just trying to understand what you're talking about....Do you mean for her to lean her head into the string?
Old 02-14-2008, 08:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

short on draw and it looks like your arrow is about to fall off the rest,I cant see the tip,or very very little of it....or maybe its my eyes but it looks like you could add 3/4 to a inch on you arrow lenght...

Quick Reply: O.K. just how short am I?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.