Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 O.K. just how short am I? >

O.K. just how short am I?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

O.K. just how short am I?

Old 02-14-2008, 10:07 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: O.K. just how short am I?

for the record, I was wearing a tight t-shirt but it wasn't when I bought it.......

Frank
Old 02-14-2008, 10:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

There always seems to be someone that has to make sexist remarks.....Sorry doegirl....BTW I would totally agree with Tfox...Good Luck!!!!
Old 02-14-2008, 10:16 AM

ORIGINAL: ranger56528

short on draw and it looks like your arrow is about to fall off the rest,I cant see the tip,or very very little of it....or maybe its my eyes but it looks like you could add 3/4 to a inch on you arrow lenght...
I'm shooting wrong handed. The arrow is flush with the face (ie sight side) of the bow. Just can't see it. Thanks for your concern, though.
Old 02-14-2008, 10:17 AM

I'm also in favor of trying a longer draw length. Form looks good. Try extending the draw length to where the string just touches the tip of your nose - ie. a secondary anchor point. A Short N' Sweet release in conjunction with a very short D loop would allow you to anchor at a good spot on your face, even with the longer draw.
Old 02-14-2008, 10:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree that the bow is too short. However, I like how the wrong arm (drawing left handed LOL) aligns with the arrow shaft. I think that's about the best I've ever seen.

Picking on one or two things at a time I'd say the bow is about an inch too short, but you should get a release (you already know) with a much shorter head to help keep that arm alignment. Then do some tweaking from there.

Like I said, one thing at a time.
Old 02-14-2008, 02:29 PM
Typical Buck

Geronimoe,
If Doegirl would be afeminist than I made some sexist remarks, thanks for pointing that out to me........................

you might wanna try and read what I wrote, before you go on using words you don't understand....

I asked a perfectly good question and she replied in due manor.............

Frank
the gentleman
Old 02-14-2008, 02:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Doegirl75

ORIGINAL: ranger56528

short on draw and it looks like your arrow is about to fall off the rest,I cant see the tip,or very very little of it....or maybe its my eyes but it looks like you could add 3/4 to a inch on you arrow lenght...
I'm shooting wrong handed. The arrow is flush with the face (ie sight side) of the bow. Just can't see it. Thanks for your concern, though.
Iam just used to seeing some arrow past the riser,but thats just me..Its a BH deal with me.
Old 02-14-2008, 02:40 PM
bigcountry

I would go 1/2" and see. I sure wouldn't go over 1" longer. Its not requred for you to tough your nose to the string.

Old 02-14-2008, 02:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

I think I'd just slap a string loop on there,switch to a Scott Little Bitty Goose release and call it good.

http://www.scottarchery.com/products/littlebittygoose-ncs.tpl
Old 02-14-2008, 04:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: mobow

Yes, you are certainly short on the DL. TFOX, I'm just trying to understand what you're talking about....Do you mean for her to lean her head into the string?

Yes,just slightly but do it before drawing but I am just saying to try it to see how it feels,AND WORKS,because the form is solid and the draw is already set,just see what happens.I have tried many different variations and am starting to get a form back after a layoff that I like.I also feel her head could should be slightly more forward than it is now but whatever works at this point will most likely be best,imo.

It works for cousins,it may work for her.

Quick Reply: O.K. just how short am I?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.