Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Alignment and rest clearance help >

Alignment and rest clearance help

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Alignment and rest clearance help

Old 02-03-2008, 09:39 AM
Typical Buck

Default Alignment and rest clearance help

First pic shows how out of alignment my sight is with my rest. Second pic shows felt wear on right prong of my drop away. Bow shoots excellent groups with BHs and field points and gets good paper tears. What do the gurus think?

Old 02-03-2008, 10:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Alignment and rest clearance help

I think it's most likely you have a considerable amount of hand torque built into your form. However, if you get good paper tuning results and good groups with bothFP's and BH's, it's at leastconsistent on each shot. It's something you couldeliminate with a good coach.
Old 02-03-2008, 11:22 AM
Typical Buck

How about this. I have my bow level, vertically. I nock an arrow and raise the rest all the way up. The arrow is not level horizontally. The tip of the arrow is low. This isn't right is it?
Old 02-03-2008, 11:29 AM

On a lot of bows, the optimum arrow position will be a little nock high (tip low) relative to the bow. Usually only 3/16" or so. Is yours a lot more than this?
Old 02-03-2008, 11:59 AM
Typical Buck

From the nock to where the rest supports the arrow, it looks to be about 3/16s or so. Thanks for the help, I'm just bored and tinkering around. I'm just trying to figure out this fletching clearance thing, if its a problem or not, or if its me, like Arthurp said.
Old 02-03-2008, 12:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

It could be hand torque as mentioned, but it also could be you are a little stiff on spine

Have you walkback tuned? Level on the nock point is the best place to start and with my Binary Cam bows it never varies much. Best way to get it exact is Bare shaft tuning.

Dan
Old 02-03-2008, 12:18 PM
Typical Buck

I never walk back tuned, I'm definitely going to try that out this spring though. I was just checking vane clearance and am pretty sure I have enough to shoot cock down(been shooting the opposite). As soon as I unload these groceries my wife just came home with, I'm gonna try it out.
Old 02-03-2008, 12:24 PM
Typical Buck

As far as spine goes, I'm shooting a '05 allegiance at 70lbs, 27"dl, ACC 3-49, 390 at 27 5/8". Sounds right no?
Old 02-03-2008, 12:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

IMHO I don't think cock down would be the best choice for your setup, but you can always try

Dan
Old 02-03-2008, 12:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: loogout1

As far as spine goes, I'm shooting a '05 allegiance at 70lbs, 27"dl, ACC 3-49, 390 at 27 5/8". Sounds right no?
The Binary cams tend to like a softer spine in my experience, and while 3-49's are close and shouldn't cause you a problem in tuning. I would probably have tried a 3-39. I shot 27.5"CX Maxima 250's out of my 70# Allegiance and those things flew awesome.

Dan

Quick Reply: Alignment and rest clearance help

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.