Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Pick me apart #2 >

Pick me apart #2

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Pick me apart #2

Old 01-19-2008, 01:45 AM
Typical Buck

Default Pick me apart #2

Alright, I played around with it some more, and I think it's better! I hope... Let me know what you think-

Here is the original post, the new one follows this picture:

OLD:

NEW

Let me know what you think- straightened up my back some, dropped my elbow, opened my grip so that my palm isn't touching it (thanks to the stop-sign trick)
Old 01-19-2008, 06:17 AM
dws

Default RE: Pick me apart #2

I'm no expert but I think everything looks fairly well except your fingers on your bow hand need to relax. Also it looks like your bow is pointing down and to me it looks as if your knock point on your string is too low, if you tilt your head while looking at the picture to make the bow straight up and down, you'll see what I mean.
Old 01-19-2008, 07:24 AM

ORIGINAL: dws

I'm no expert but I think everything looks fairly well except your fingers on your bow hand need to relax. Also it looks like your bow is pointing down and to me it looks as if your knock point on your string is too low, if you tilt your head while looking at the picture to make the bow straight up and down, you'll see what I mean.
I agree. Your nocking point is too low or the rest is too high.
Old 01-19-2008, 07:25 AM

Relax your bow hand, it was better in the first picture. Your bow elbow is MUCH better.....Looks like your bow arm is locked out...Overall, looks pretty good really.
Old 01-19-2008, 09:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

The only issue I see are the bow fingers,just relax them but don't change the grip or anything else there.The Elbow looks good to me,both of them.

You might want to narrow a bit with the feet.Just bring them a little to about shoulder width.

The arrow sure looks like it might be nocked to low,I noticed something looked weird in the first photo but really didn't think about it,I believe dws might have naled it.

Good work and now get the bow tuned and start working on little tweaks that fit you best.

How does it feel now?
Old 01-19-2008, 11:53 AM
Typical Buck

I knew the fingers were too tight, I realized that as soon as I looked at the picture. That'll be fixed!

The nock is too low! Im going to put a loop on it and that will change when I do that- I was just more concentrated on getting all this stuff down first.

The bow feels much better now, I can't wait to get out and start shooting...only thing is its -15 with the wind chill right now! lol
Old 01-19-2008, 12:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

NOW it dosnt hurt so much to look....Way better keeping everything in a streight line,now maybe I will start picking you apart..jk...
Get a wrist strap(cant tell if you have one).I also like how you balance the bow between the thumb and pointer with fingers out twords target.I never understood how guys can actualy grip a bow and not have issues,to me balanceing the bow in the pocket makes for easier adlustments with out changing the grip.
The wrist strap will keep the bow from falling and helps stabilize the bow when set up right.Also when youve shot long enough youll get the hang of useing the release as a micro ajustment for pin placement without haveing to move your whole arm/hand....
Ive been shooting this way since I put a strap and got a mech release witch was more then likely around the time you were born...
Just keep at it.
After awhile it will become natual for that anchor point and you will know when you dont have a good draw.....
Also if you like to tinker you could have someone mark the anchor point by the corner of your mouth and put a kisser button on to keep that same point of anchor the same every time.....
startin to look good...
Old 01-19-2008, 12:30 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks for the help...

Do the jeans seem to fit this time? Or wait, is the hole too much skin? lol
Old 01-19-2008, 12:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

WHATthe H E L L is that all about....didnt know this was a fasion show...Iam gone.......[]...
Old 01-19-2008, 12:54 PM
Typical Buck

lol, no no...you know just makin sure my jeans fit since my shorts didn't seem to!

Quick Reply: Pick me apart #2

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.