Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Cable Slides

Old 01-18-2008, 07:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Cable Slides

Hi everyone! Been an awefully long time since I posted here. I took a hiatus for a bit and have been just "lurking". I took some time off of shooting on a regular basis to help get rid little target panic habit I was forming. You'd be amazed at how much it helps to just put it down for a while.

Anyway, I've been toying with the idea of putting a different cable slide on my 07 Allegiance. One thing that concerns me is the cam lean that I may get with a slide that pulls the cables over too far. However, I really do need to get a little more clearence since I'm dangerously close to the cables with Blazer vanes.

Anyone have any suggestions on what works? I hear a lot of people have good success with the Saunders Hyperglide.
Old 01-18-2008, 08:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Cable Slides

Good to see ya back on here, muzzyman!

I just got in my new '08 Guardian a couple days ago, and I contacted MeanV2 about getting a Saunders from him to try on it; like you, I've heard great things about the slide and I'm looking forward to trying it out.
Old 01-18-2008, 10:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

What's so great about the Saunders Hyperglide? Compared to the stock guide that comes with your bow.
Old 01-18-2008, 10:20 AM
bigcountry

I can't believe it but I just paid 16 dollars for a cableslide. hyperglide that is. Its pretty cool. Except the 16 dollars that is.

Old 01-18-2008, 11:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm kinda leaning towards the Sims Cable Slide...
Old 01-18-2008, 01:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Geronimo, I'd like to replace the stock slide to gain more fletching clearence. I've been wanting to shoot the Blazer vanes full time for some time now, but have been nervouse about the fletch contact that may occur. As it stands now, I get about 1/16" of clearence between the vane and the cables with the stock slide. Not to mention that the Saunders slide is supposed to be much smoother as well.

Chasebaker, I took looked at the Sims slide as well.I've just heard so many good things about the Saunders slide.

One thing I didn't mention is that I'm looking for a slide that will allow me to tie my drop away cord to it. Right now, I have mine tied into the stock slide. With the rest, an APA Twister, it works perfectly this way. If I can't and have to tie into the down cable, its really not a big deal either.
Old 01-18-2008, 01:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

A lot of good to decent cable slides on the market. The Saunders Hyper Glide Slide is the cream of the crop

Dan
Old 01-18-2008, 09:41 PM

You will not be disappointed in the hyperglide. I have used them on the '06 and '07 Alley's with great success. Gives you a little more room from contact with Blazers and no cam lean issues. Meanv2 can set you up proper....
Old 01-19-2008, 02:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: ksdeerhunter007

You will not be disappointed in the hyperglide. I have used them on the '06 and '07 Alley's with great success. Gives you a little more room from contact with Blazers and no cam lean issues. Meanv2 can set you up proper....
Thanks!!The last one you purchased is enroute.

Dan