Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

G5 Meta-peep

Old 01-08-2008, 12:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default G5 Meta-peep

Does any one know how much this peep weighs? Is it worth the 10$?
Old 01-08-2008, 01:08 PM

Default RE: G5 Meta-peep

I can't remember the weight.....Ummmmm....4 grains I THINK????? I'll weigh one tomorrow....I shoot one, and love it. Is it worth 10 small bills?? Well, maybe not, but it's good enough to spend the money on. I gained 7 fps over the peep I was using....And it wasn't the one w/ the tube.....What's really nice about it is the beveled edge. If your string doesn't square perfectly, you can still see through it. Of course, a perfectly squared peep is the desire, but not always reality.
Old 01-08-2008, 01:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yea i shoot one with a tube so would the speed gain be a noticable one in your opinion? I am worried that i will have problems getting the proper rotation out of it.
Old 01-08-2008, 01:20 PM

You'll most likely notice a speed increase by simply losing the tube. If you have good, quality strings though, it should stay squared, once you get it that way.
Old 01-08-2008, 01:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Right now i have a fuse custom string on my Reflex and it hasn't stretched any so far on me. Are there any tricks to getting these set right?
Old 01-08-2008, 01:28 PM

The '07 Fuse strings are ok, but the '08's have made a noted improvement. You shouldn't have any twist. As you slide the peep up/down the string, it follows the twist. If you get lucky, and it's in the right place, it will be right where it needs to be in order to keep it squared. If not, you'll likely need to twist the string a half turn or more to get it squared. Once you get it set, it should stay there.
Old 01-08-2008, 01:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks mobow i guess i'll give it a try and see how i like it.
Old 01-08-2008, 03:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have the 1/4" Meta peep on my Pearson Stealth. I have Vapor Trail strings on that bow and my peep comes around perfectly every time. It hasn't moved in one year.

I don't know what it weighs, but I don't think there is a lighter peep out there. I like how it's angled so that at full draw you are looking through a perfect circle. It's the best peep out there IMO.
Old 01-08-2008, 03:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a G5 on my string and I like it. The packaging says you will gain fps, but I haven't ever verified it...
Old 01-08-2008, 04:46 PM

The Fletcher True Peep weighs about the same and costs half as much, but it's not cool blue! The weight depends on the size of the opening, target peeps (small hole) weigh more than hunter peeps but they vary from 4 grains to about 10 grains. The best thing to do is loose the tubing as suggested earlier.

Quick Reply: G5 Meta-peep

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.