Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 What size of stabilizer to I need? >

What size of stabilizer to I need?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

What size of stabilizer to I need?

Old 12-31-2007, 12:44 PM

Default What size of stabilizer to I need?

I have a Martin Jaguar 29" 55 lb draw. How do I determine which size and brand of stabilizer to put on my bow?
Old 12-31-2007, 02:00 PM

Default RE: What size of stabilizer to I need?

This seems to be a fairly personal choice. For hunting, I would want one as small and compact as possible - like the S-Coil or Mini S-Coil. But some bows need a longer and heavier stabilizer to achieve nuetral balance. As much as I hated to add more weight to it, I just put a 10" doinker on my 38" Hoyt Protec and it finally balances about nuetral. My 32" Reflex is fine with the much smaller Mini S-coil.
Old 12-31-2007, 02:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Roskoe

This seems to be a fairly personal choice. For hunting, I would want one as small and compact as possible - like the S-Coil or Mini S-Coil. But some bows need a longer and heavier stabilizer to achieve nuetral balance. As much as I hated to add more weight to it, I just put a 10" doinker on my 38" Hoyt Protec and it finally balances about nuetral. My 32" Reflex is fine with the much smaller Mini S-coil.
I think that the key is just try to attain a neutral balance. I had Jim Posten Custom make one for my Guardian with the exact weightI wanted and where I wanted, then I had it dipped to match the Bow

Dan
Old 01-02-2008, 03:10 AM

Everything from price to camo patteren come into play here. All I can tell you is to take you bow w/you next time you go shoppin' and try some out. But they are right, neutral ballance is key.
Old 01-03-2008, 03:45 PM

I haven't used a Stabilizer for the past two years and I haven't noticed any difference in noise or shot placement.
[align=left] [/align]