Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

fixed blades

Old 01-30-2003, 11:13 AM

Default fixed blades

for the first time im trying to tune fixed blades with carbon arrows. i have selected the few that group the same for my final tuning. i have noticed at times the consistency of the grouping will go to hell, being able to group field points great right behind the bad group. any ideas?????? thanks for all......Mitch
Old 01-30-2003, 12:40 PM

Default RE: fixed blades

Mitch, as you are finding out fixed heads are super sensitive to anything wrong in form or tune. Here are a few tips.

Bow hand torque: I have found this to be a very common problem with shooters and fixed heads. A little bit of torque will barely show in field points but wreck hacov with fixed heads. Make sure you grip the bow cosistantly and without torque.

Spin test: Make sure ferrul is straight, and heads line up to shaft. set the arrow head down on a table and spin it by the nock. You will be able to tell if there is any wobble in the head.

fletch contact: A little contact will throw fixed heads off by a lot, so make sure ther is no contact with rest, riser or cables.

If these do not help its down to fine tunning and spine.
Old 01-30-2003, 03:57 PM

Default RE: fixed blades

thanks for the reply.... Mitch