Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Best fixed blades >

Best fixed blades

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Best fixed blades

Old 07-05-2004, 11:04 AM

Default Best fixed blades

I was wondering what some of you thought were the best fixed blade broadheads. I have always heard muzzy.
Old 07-05-2004, 11:10 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Best fixed blades

Muzzy is a great fixed blade head...I've used them for more than 10 yrs but are they the best..? There are many great fixed blade heads today. If your using Muzzy, no reason to change unless you simply want change.
Old 07-05-2004, 11:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

In my experience the Muzzys, Thunderheads and Slick Tricks have treated me well.

The Slick Tricks are my BH of choice, second would be Muzzys.
Old 07-05-2004, 12:40 PM
Boone & Crockett

IMO the top three broadheads made today are slick tricks, Magnus stingers, and G5 montec.
Old 07-05-2004, 06:50 PM

I shot Thunderheads for many years and then switched to Muzzy and now I'm shooting Montec. All three were excellent heads and all three killed deer. I'm now most impressed by the Montecs but thats just my opinion. I'm sure there are many other good B-heads out there that I have not had the opportunity to shoot that will perform very well. About Best???, If there was one B-head that out performed all others we would all be shooting them. There is so much information available today about performance that we find out about the bad ones soon after they are introduced to the market. The good ones have weathered the test of time. Pick one of the proven heads and go with it. For me it's Montec for now.
Old 07-05-2004, 07:22 PM

I have heard that the Montecs are not real sharp out of the box (the G5) and that they don't resharpen easily.
Old 07-05-2004, 08:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

I think all the heads mentioned here are good heads to use. In today's archery equip they have to be in order to stay competitive with the other's. I've bought the Montec's G5's for this season and have heard a lot of quality responses on them so I went with them ,i've also heard about the sharpness issue but I'll cross that bridge when it happen's .I've used Steelforce for the last 3 or 4 season's and I also think that they are a quality head as well .Although last Season I used Crimson Talon and I found that they flew really well but I found that they weren't very rugged and couldn't take a whole lot of punishment ,but they sure did look good.

nubo
Old 07-05-2004, 08:13 PM

Has anyone had any expierience with the steel force Sabertooth.
Old 07-06-2004, 02:17 AM

I am going to try the WASP SST Hammer this year. Anyone heard anything about them?
Old 07-06-2004, 05:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thunderheads!

Quick Reply: Best fixed blades

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.